Had the most epic night last night...

Just the flow of the conversation in the thread and some references you made as it being a joke rather than real.

However if you are stating that you did receive £42k for Christmas then fine.

As for the perceived level of your cards, you said in the byline..."this is bragging right" which indicates your perception that the cards are of high status. You also stated that you needed an annual income of £100k to hold the cards which is disingenuous because you can either have £100k salary paid into the account OR £50k in savings (including investments) to hold one. (£50k in cash and property is not a lot). We then find out that they are Credit Cards and not Debit Cards, so the income needed is £75k/annum and that as they were a present have nothing to do with your personal circumstances but whoever gave you the gift (Parents maybe) and you can see how all the confusion is coming about, it is difficult to get to the bottom of anything as you are so vague and then you start on about how it's all a joke and some stupid pseudo-psychological test.

You were trying to indicate that you had an income in excess of £100k, (you may well do so, and at 25 that is impressive). It then comes to light that you posted the same cards in an xmas present thread and stated that they were a present with a £42k limit. This creates some confusion over what you are saying and the veracity of everything you have said.

I and others disagreed with the fact that NatWest Private Banking is that impressive. However as you are quite young, having the income to hold a card such as that is more impressive within your peer group, just not to some of us old fogies who have had more time to accumulate stuff.

- I said “this is bragging right” more towards the OP than anything because he jokingly bragged about strippers and alcohol.

- I stated that you needed to exceed the £100000 annual income but I also agreed to Will’s statement of £50,000 in savings.

- Perhaps people didn’t realise what they were but I didn’t suggest they were debit cards.

- I posted the cards on “What you got for Christmas” as a joke, I didn’t get those cards for Christmas, that’s the whole point of telling you folks it’s a joke. When someone asked me about those cards on the “What you got for Christmas” thread, I replied a £42k gift and I implied on using those cards for spendings.

- I didn’t say my credit cards have a £42k limit.

- Again, I didn’t suggest Natwest Private Banking as all that, but more as a ‘bragging right’ to what the OP was saying.

Last edited:
- I said “this is bragging right” more towards the OP than anything because he jokingly bragged about strippers and alcohol.

Fair enough.

- I stated that you needed to exceed the £100000 annual income but I also agreed to Will’s statement of £50,000 in savings.

It didn't seem that way, it seemed like you were stating that you needed £50k in savings AND £100k income.

- Perhaps people didn’t realise what they were but I didn’t suggest they were debit cards.

- I posted the cards on “What you got for Christmas” as a joke, I didn’t get those cards for Christmas, that’s the whole point of telling you folks it’s a joke. When someone asked me about those cards on the “What you got for Christmas” thread, I replied a £42k give and I implied on using those cards for spendings.

So you gave someone £42k for xmas?. I still don't get why you posted your cards in the xmas present thread. It makes no sense unless they were given to you with a specific fixed limit as a gift.

- I didn’t say my credit cards have a £42k limit.

- Again, I didn’t suggest Natwest Private Banking as all that, but more as a ‘bragging right’ to what the OP was saying.

Fair enough, it didn't come across that way however.

So, proorwhat is going to brag about something in all threads now where he fells the op shouldn't be bragging even when they aren't. People are no longer allowed to discuss what they do as it's bragging.
Good work proorwhat. Pro trolling :)

Where's the balaclava and shotgun;)

Obviously not my money but...Oh wait, just to keep the current trend of this thread, this is just me counting my wages:D

On a note more in tune with reality, Rooney gets paid 4 times the amount in the picture a week. Thats obscene really.

£62.5k then?

I dont seriously expect an answer tbh, if he does I expect it will be as vague as his explanation of his NatWest card.;)

Its late, I’m pretty tired so I’ll just write this as quickly as possible.

Maybe I was influenced by family members but from a young age I have always been fascinated by the business sector. After my second year as an undergraduate, I was very ambitious towards getting some work experience. Many fellow students took on work placements between the second and third year where as I decided to start my own company.

After the second year, during the summer holidays a friend and I went to China to search for opportunities to trade between the east and the west. We looked at things like cloth trading, selling western proxies, but the one thing that caught our eye was the demand in virtual currency on the MMO market. With the help of my uncle (who is based in China) we quickly put together a team.

Long story short, we operated for a year made some money but the thing that killed us was the amount of people using fake or stolen credit cards on Paypal. This led to a huge sum of charge backs and me battling with Paypals customer representatives for countless hours over the telephone regarding the issue. In the end, I received a letter from the court demanding a payment of £25,000 that must be due in 7 days. I paid it off with pretty much everything I had earned over the year and I began to feel a pointless sense towards my very motive.

All this I did whilst studying in the third year.

After a while I gave up the business and left the team to pursue my degree. When I graduated as an undergraduate, I was so depressed I couldn’t face up to working, I just didn’t have it in me to go look for jobs. That led me to staying on another year at the University in which I completed my Masters. I met my girlfriend while in China and she worked in the gold trading business. She used to tell me about RMB inflations and gold values going up. Anyways, I gave up to her lectures and decided with the little money I had left over to start trading in gold at that point I had pretty much nothing to lose and everything to gain. As I became wealthier so to speak, I began looking at the stock market and real estates in China.

That’s about it.

Back
Top Bottom