Had the most epic night last night...

No, if you want to be precise a large chunk of that £30k came from me.

But you told us you had to use all the money you'd made in order to pay the court bill?!

But the bill was £25k yet then you tell us you bought a £30k property in China that grew by 100% over 6 months?

Where did you get £30k from if, as you admit, you've not had a job, and all the money from your previous venture vanished?

[TW]Fox;18180290 said:
But you told us you had to use all the money you'd made in order to pay the court bill?!

But the bill was £25k yet then you tell us you bought a £30k property in China that grew by 100% over 6 months?

I said I had spent most of my money on the court bill which was towards the end of my third and final year at University. After I graduated, I went onto do a Masters. Towards the end of my Masters degree I had already started investing in gold. When I graduated I went to China and It wasn't for months until I purchased the flat.

I've gotta, say this thread, as well as the other 'omg I make 3 trillionz dollarz' thread, in GD, seem totally pointless epeen threads and I'd much rather have them closed. Just my opinion but they don't seem to benefit anyone/provoke beneficial discussion? :/

I've gotta, say this thread, as well as the other 'omg I make 3 trillionz dollarz' thread, in GD, seem totally pointless epeen threads and I'd much rather have them closed. Just my opinion but they don't seem to benefit anyone/provoke beneficial discussion? :/

Hardly any thread in GD provokes beneficial discussion. That's not what GD is about :p

yeah but then multiple other would be braggers wouldn't be bashed hard by the GD posse, so in essence i think there would be a tonne more threads like this,

this way is better, GD maintains it's ruthless rep, people can wet themselves laughing, and little OP's can be made even smaller :D

I said I had spent most of my money on the court bill which was towards the end of my third and final year at University. After I graduated, I went onto do a Masters. Towards the end of my Masters degree I had already started investing in gold. When I graduated I went to China and It wasn't for months until I purchased the flat.

I think you should begin a new venture as a fiction writer.

You don't make enough money to buy property in the space of a few months by 'investing' a small amount of money (You admit yourself that most of your money was gone) in gold.

Even if you had, say, £10k left, how do you get a 300% return inside a year on it?

Gold itself has grown what, 40% since 2008? Not 300%!

That and the personality traits of LOOK AT MEH PRIVATE CARDZZZ posts on an internet computer forum doesnt fit with that of a succesful, mature, investor.

Last edited:
[TW]Fox;18180327 said:
I think you should begin a new venture as a fiction writer.

You don't make enough money to buy property in the space of a few months by 'investing' a small amount of money (You admit yourself that most of your money was gone) in gold.

Even if you had, say, £10k left, how do you get a 300% return inside a year on it?

Gold itself has grown what, 40% since 2008? Not 300%!

That and the personality traits of LOOK AT MEH PRIVATE CARDZZZ posts on an internet computer forum doesnt fit with that of a succesful, mature, investor.

I don't know what gold market you been looking at but it grew by approximately 70% between March and October last year.

Do you know the concept of investing, selling, investing, selling?

1+1=2, 2+2=4, 4+4=8 etc.

Last edited:
Do you know the concept of...

Do you know the concept of giving up and walking away? There is absolutely no way you can win this unless you can post your bank statements to show you are being truthful and there is no way you will (or should) do that.

Give up...it's painful to watch...but I can't stop rubbernecking lol.

I don't know what gold market you been looking at but it grew by approximately 70% between March and October last year.

Circa 1100 USD/Oz in March to 1300USD/Oz in October?

Is that not about 20%?

Still, good move, lets sidetrack into a discussion on how much gold has gone up lately, that'll nicely dodge the fact one minute you told us you spent all your money settling a legal bill then suddenly you had enough to invest in gold sufficiently to buy property on the profits ;)

Last edited:
Do you know the concept of giving up and walking away? There is absolutely no way you can win this unless you can post your bank statements to show you are being truthful and there is no way you will (or should) do that.

Give up...it's painful to watch...but I can't stop rubbernecking lol.

Nobody wants to see a bank statement, not sure what you are on about tbh.

Do you know the concept of investing, selling, investing, selling?

1+1=2, 2+2=4, 4+4=8 etc.

But if you sell the gold in your possession and investing again, you are buying it at the same rate? Thus not making any money by selling until it grows more. So unless you reintroduce fresh capital you can't make anymore money than your original investment. I admit i know nothing about the stock market but i cant see how you can see the same investment and use the same money you just sold you to buy back the same shares can increase your profit. Unless you sold it every time it went on a decline...and did it right all the time.

Also, as you said it grew by 70% in that period. £30k into the flat. I am just going to take a guess as its late to do mental arithmetic....for it to increase 70% to £30k, you must had what? £18k to start off with in your investment in gold?

I am sorry, but £18k is not SMALL sum when you prevously alleges that you spent MOST of your money in the sum of £25k in court fee.

Last edited:
But if you sell the gold in your possession and investing again, you are buying it at the same rate? Thus not making any money by selling until it grows more. So unless you reintroduce fresh capital you can't make anymore money than your original investment. I admit i know nothing about the stock market but i cant see how you can see the same investment and use the same money you just sold you to buy back the same shares can increase your profit. Unless you sold it every time it went on a decline...and did it right all the time.

Also, as you said it grew by 70% in that period. £30k into the flat. I am just going to take a guess as its late to do mental arithmetic....for it to increase 70% to £30k, you must had what? £18k to start off with in your investment in gold?

I am sorry, but £18k is not SMALL sum when you prevously alleges that you spent MOST of your money in the sum of £25k in court fee.

That doesn't apply when you're trading between different currencies.

In no shape or form did I say I made the purchase of the flat at the time you assumed.

Back
Top Bottom