Had the most epic night last night...

Permabanned
That doesn't apply when you're trading between different currencies.

In no shape or form did I say I made the purchase of the flat at the time you assumed.

Were you not trading gold across RMB and USD, which are pegged and as such would limit the returns, TWFox is correct, to make the kind of gains that create enough investment that you can draw down £100k/annum in earnings and still invest in the current markets and given that you have only had a short period relatively to do this, it does seem strange.

The kind of currency speculation you need to rack up those kind of figures from only a small initial investment is long term, to do so in the short term is highly improbable.

Ill get my wife to have a look at this and see what she thinks.

Edit: The wife,who understands this stuff, said that the gold market in china grew around 15% and the currency markets around 26% over the last 24 months. She says that trading between the two will make bullish returns if you have significant investment as gold is in short supply in china and you would be competing with source investors who tear out the profit. That is off the top of her head and shes half
asleep, so a little latitude with the specifics. But it seem improbable to make so much out of so little in so short a time.

And she also said that the 5 year compound annual growth rate was around 25%, again serious returns, but not enough to maintain the figures you mentioned given the size of your initial investment and short investment period.

Last edited:
Associate
I'm going to walk away from this thread because it's going no where. I will not be posting my bank statements up on the internet, so for that, this discussion is pointless like a priest preaching to an atheist.

Choose whatever you want to believe in because at the end of the day what I say or what you say makes no changes to how we live our lives.

I guess I'll catch some of you guys on other discussions. Until then, peace.;)

Associate
I'm in bed and typing on my phone because i just couldnt resist telling you that her figures are incorrect. gold prices in china at the start of 2010 were sold at around 120rmb per gram. towards the end of the year it had reached over 300rmb per gram. anyways all you guys have done is speculate about my investment in the gold market. let me tell you this, there are other ways to sell gold.

Permabanned
I'm in bed and typing on my phone because i just couldnt resist telling you that her figures are incorrect. gold prices in china at the start of 2010 were sold at around 120rmb per gram. towards the end of the year it had reached over 300rmb per gram. anyways all you guys have done is speculate about my investment in the gold market. let me tell you this, there are other ways to sell gold.

Well she did say they were off the top of her head and I woke her up to ask her.

However she did say that the best 5 year yield is 168% and you would have actually made more money investing in silver as that would have yielded a 272% return over the same period.

The issue is not the rise in gold prices and the inevitable tripling of investments in gold over a long enough period, but the size of your initial investment, the short period of investment/reinvestment and the amount of income you state it has generated. Even buying at the bottom of the market and selling at the top every time over the 2/3 years you have had would never generated the sort of income you say you have without significant initial investment, no matter how you buy and sell. Even retail gold prices wouldn't do it.

However if you say it is true, then you have the benefit of my doubt and well done, if you can make that kind of money from a small outlay then fair play.

Apparently though Gold has begun to fall in recent days so the word is that it has topped out, maybe you might want to shift your investment elsewhere.

Last edited:
Associate
Well she did say they were off the top of her head and I woke her up to ask her.

However she did say that the best 5 year yield is 168% and you would have actually made more money investing in silver as that would have yielded a 272% return over the same period.

The issue is not the rise in gold prices and the inevitable tripling of investments in gold over a long enough period, but the size of your initial investment, the short period of investment/reinvestment and the amount of income you state it has generated.

Apparently though Gold has begun to fall in recent days so the word is that it has topped out, maybe you might want to shift your investment elsewhere.

I'm well aware it has peaked off thus I'm back in the U.K. doing some other stuff. I haven't said how long I invested in gold before I managed to contribute towards the apartment. All I said is that it took "months" Apparently some people seems to think I was referring to 2-3 months, which is obviously a wrong assumption.

Silver is not as popular as gold in China, I cannot sell silver as easily as the way I can sell gold.

Last edited:
Permabanned
I'm well aware it has peaked off thus I'm back in the U.K. doing some other stuff. I haven't said how long I invested in gold before I managed to contribute towards the apartment. All I said is that it took "months" Apparently some people seems to think I was referring to 2-3 months, which is obviously a wrong assumption.

Hmmm, I was referring to 5 year yields on investments, and not so much the contribution to the Apt, but the annual income you derive from your investment, but never mind.

Like I said, you have the benefit of the doubt, and may you stay lucky and continue to make money.:)

Associate
Hmmm, I was referring to 5 year yields on investments, and not so much the contribution to the Apt, but the annual income you derive from your investment, but never mind.

Like I said, you have the benefit of the doubt, and may you stay lucky and continue to make money.:)

My mistake. I was referring to the fact gold hasn't increased in value for at least 30 days.

Anyways when I wake up if I am feeling good I'll take some pictures of the gold/silver coins I managed to sneak back into Britain.

Soldato

You woke your wife up just to help settle an internet debate?

Half of me thinks that's just straight up awesome dedication, the other is thinking damn that's just sad.

:D / :( = :confused:

Caporegime
I've just read this entire thread. I'm now just what wait er lol? Mind melting.

Anyway, OP: get the hell out of Shoreditch if you want a good night. If pay-as-you-go debauchery is your thing there is FAR better than anything in Shoreditch. Whites in Aldgate, Mirandas on Kingley Street Soho, or even The Mayfair Club.

Last edited:
Caporegime
If I woke my wife on a Sunday to ask her to contribute to an internet debate, let alone one that has been overtaken by someone confused about the difference between being a gold investor and taking a weekly trip down to Cash4Gold...let's just say I wouldn't be getting breakfast in bed!

Back
Top Bottom