Had the most epic night last night...

Permabanned
Out of interest, what's the difference / where's the line between the two?

It's all a matter of degree and comparison. The Wife and I are wealthy because we earn significantly above the national average, Spie is probably Rich in comparison if his choice of Car is anything to go by, but compare Spie to Elton John and he is just wealthy compared to me and I would be poor compared to Elton John and so on.

It basically depends on the comparison.

Soldato
I think it is partly defined by bank/asset balances, but a lot of it is down to attitude. Spie could come in here and top trump us all, but he won't because its not what wealthy people do (and it would be bad for business)

Just my thoughts on the subject.

Caporegime
It's all a matter of degree and comparison. The Wife and I are wealthy because we earn significantly above the national average, Spie is probably Rich in comparison if his choice of Car is anything to go by, but compare Spie to Elton John and he is just wealthy compared to me and I would be poor compared to Elton John and so on.

It basically depends on the comparison.

Exactly, some people think i am rich for going into EAT to buy my lunch instead of Sainsbury's or bring my own.

All relative.

mjt

mjt

Soldato
Perhaps this thread has moved on, but I cba do read on from page 5, so here's my 2p

Those credit cards look **** anyway, they're not even pressed. Flat cards are weak.

Permabanned
Well it's not really is it, I'm not talking about comparing people.
What would make someone be generally classed as wealthy and what would make them rich?

It is about comparison, however if we take average income as the baseline £25k/annum then earning several factors above that (say £100k+) would make you wealthy, as opposed to well-off if you earned say £45k+ or rich £10m+ or super-rich £100m+

But it's all arbitrary and relative to what you are comparing relative wealth to.

Back
Top Bottom