Half Life 2 RTX

HL2 was the game that started my steam account 18 years ago :eek: . Also the first game I played after building my first PC and I remember being blown away by it. I might just have to upgrade my 1070ti for this...

Same here. 19 years next month :eek:

hopefully they rip out and redo the whole Ravenholm level

Played a few hours of the Half-Life 2: Update and tbh it wasn't as good as remembered, some levels and systems feel very old in a way stuff like Q2 doesn't which is weird. Maybe its just the movement / gun play which wasn't as good as Quake

yeah still ticking :D 256 player cluster **** it was. hope your well . waiting for valve to release a new vr headset or for the psvr 2 to get hacked so i can try alyx out.
Curious to see if the 'Deckard' rumours bear fruit - I imagine they're trying to build a wireless headset that's got similar guts to the Steam Deck and can run Half-Life: Alyx natively.

Hopefully it'll have the option of using the old lighthouses and controllers (in addition to not needing them) so that Index users can just replace their headset.

Last edited:
I’m all for Valve continuing through the entire back catalogue with the RTX suffix.

Has anyone played HL2 recently? Has the gameplay aged well over the last 20 years?

Curious to see if the 'Deckard' rumours bear fruit - I imagine they're trying to build a wireless headset that's got similar guts to the Steam Deck and can run Half-Life: Alyx natively.

Hopefully it'll have the option of using the old lighthouses and controllers (in addition to not needing them) so that Index users can just replace their headset.
the only experience i have had so far is psvr 1 so the only way is up :cry: i think the the psvr2 will be working before valve gets there next headset out tbh but will do some searching for this deckard your on about .

Has anyone played HL2 recently? Has the gameplay aged well over the last 20 years?
I gave it a bosh earlier this year, yeah it's still great but it's showing its age in terms of visual fidelity and it has that old skool control mechanics that are showing their age too.

An RTX redo is definitely going to be worth it.

Back
Top Bottom