*** Half-Life: Alyx ***

Soldato
Finally finished with Jeff - that was satisfying :)

It was satisfying, but, I did feel a little sorry for him. Part of me expected him to survive somehow and jump out at me in the last second, still alive but weak enough to be killed by gunfire.

Soldato
I felt more like I was putting him out of his misery.

I came across a zombie in the zoo, just stood up against a wall, touching a picture of a tiger.
My initial response was to sneak past and save ammo, but in the end, I went for the mercy kill.

Associate
As for desk based, at the very minimum you want "standing room" and even then you'll struggle a bit. I play in 2mx2m and I regularly exceed the boundaries. Seated gameplay just won't work properly.

I've been playing seated perfectly well, in a tiny box room with hardly any space, just enough to swing my arms. I just wish I'd discovered the 'crouch' button sooner...

Soldato
Yeah, that's good enough. But you would really need to be able to stand and turn around at the very least.
Thanks all. I can move around 3 x 3. I have my sensors mounted in the lounge, but it's a pain taking my heavy rig up stairs. My study is ground floor, lounge upstairs.

Soldato

I might have missed it, but, it doesn't show him doing any of the puzzles to upgrade your weapon.

Apart from that it looks ok. A very well done mod.

But, it's not the same game as the VR version. It will lose everything that makes the game great. The atmosphere, the tension, the human element when aiming and shooting. That you are looking at the game instead of been in the game.

Anyone who says these things don't matter, should play Alien Isolation in pancake then try and play it in VR.

Soldato
^^ That was my thought too. I've not got VR yet and would rather wait until I do to play Alyx. Encounters are presumably designed to be challenging when playing in VR but when using more traditional controls I'd have thought they'd end up being trivial, not to mention all of the other interactions they've put into the game for the index controllers

Caporegime
I've had a Valve Index since December and have had Alyx since it released in March.

Only started playing it today, managed 2 hours so far. It's a much better/more refined version of other 'First Person' VR games I've played (such as 'Arizona Sunshine') and the graphics are really decent but it's still not blown me away yet.

Soldato
So I finally got around to finishing this today and making good use of the Bank Holiday, spent 4 hours today getting through the final sections I had to do and wow that ending!!!! I had genuine goosebumps!

Soldato
Hi all, i got my Quest 2 a couple of days ago, and played a wee bit of the game so far, but can someone telling me how i change weapon/multitool :p i managed to change from the gun by sheer luck :p but now need to change back, tnx

Back
Top Bottom