*** Half-Life: Alyx ***

Soldato
OK sorted thanks, next stupid question is, where is my melee weapon, can only see options of gun, hand or multi tool

I'm on my first play through of this. Last night's discovery was that although you don't have a crowbar, you can break wooden boxes to look for ammo by throwing them up in the air so they smash on the ground.

Soldato
Cheapest way to get this and vr setup? I'd love an index but second hand they're still ridiculous

What's your max budget? If you can afford a Quest 2 then get that. Since I bought a Quest 2 my Rift CV1 hasn't seen any use and I have toyed with putting it up on the members market for someone who wants to try VR on the cheap. Perhaps I should bundle it with my GTX 1080 considering the current madness of GPU prices!

Soldato
So picked up a Rift S from MM few weeks ago and Alyx dropped to £19.99 now for Spring sale.

Also have a very rare free weekend so stars clearly aligning for my first foray into VR gaming.

Soldato
So had a quick go setting up my the Rift S (lab/robot demo was cute) and tried different motion options for Alyx. Level of detail is amazing and definitely quite the experience to see things in VR.

Never suffered with any kind of motion sickness in my life, however, found myself very nauseous in continous movement mode so I think I'll restart again in blink even if that felt a little restrictive. Does it help at all if you're standing as I was playing in a chair?

Man of Honour
So had a quick go setting up my the Rift S (lab/robot demo was cute) and tried different motion options for Alyx. Level of detail is amazing and definitely quite the experience to see things in VR.

Never suffered with any kind of motion sickness in my life, however, found myself very nauseous in continous movement mode so I think I'll restart again in blink even if that felt a little restrictive. Does it help at all if you're standing as I was playing in a chair?
I have always found that standing causes a lot less motion sickness must be something to do with the brain.

However practice is the key with VR motion sickness, the more you use it the more your brain gets trained to it and you suffer less and less sickness. At first, just do it for 30mins and slowly over time increase your usage. Hard to only play for 30mins I know but doesnt take long for the brain to adjust

Caporegime
I have always found that standing causes a lot less motion sickness must be something to do with the brain.

However practice is the key with VR motion sickness, the more you use it the more your brain gets trained to it and you suffer less and less sickness. At first, just do it for 30mins and slowly over time increase your usage. Hard to only play for 30mins I know but doesnt take long for the brain to adjust

Not VR but I could never fly my racing quad standing up, particularly when doing flips/rolls my body would try to do the same thing haha

Soldato
Not VR but I could never fly my racing quad standing up, particularly when doing flips/rolls my body would try to do the same thing haha
Hah, I've definitely had a few moments of nearly falling over when flying FPV, very similar to VR in that respect, can't seem to stop myself trying to look around like in VR though :D

Back
Top Bottom