Hamilton hatred

Status
Not open for further replies.
Soldato
I completely agree, but for many years black and other BAME candidates have experienced clear discrimination with ‘black sounding names’ being removed from consideration or when candidates are closely matched the white candidate always getting the decision.

I think that positive discrimination is no less damaging. Just focusing on the jobs market for a moment, I think there are ways to make recruitment more balanced and fair without the need to use overt positive discrimination. Some good work is already being done where employers recruiting don't get personal data with applications. Of course face to face discrimination will always happen but at least candidates get a chance to be a face and be a presence in the room, so it's a step forwards.

Positive discimination has being going on for years though. I remember applying for the prison service years ago and the job advert actually said that applicants of ethnic minority would be given priority. Often its a box ticking exercise and whilst I believe in the necessity of diversity, I think mandating it via positive discrimination actually completely undermines the minority to which it is being applied. Very much in the same way as it does for getting more females in senior management, for example.

But I also believe BAME groups need to actually step up and take some responsibility themselves though. At work today a member of staff believed she was being punished because she is black. Why? Because she was instructed to work on a different project, one that she was unfamiliar with. When in actual fact she was being instructed to help a different department because of the needs of the business and because management had confidence in her ability. But she absolutely played the race card.

Some people within BAME groups just call racism every time something happens that they are not happy with and it's really toxic.

Soldato
It's a mistake for sportsmen to get involved in politics.

Especially when it involves trying to shame others in to following their cause.

Soldato
I would say that regardless of Hamilton's quirks and hypocrisies, this mostly boils down to one thing. His success. People are simply jealous, and jealousy often breeds contempt.

Don't think it's anything to do with jealousy at all, so many people in this thread have said how they respect the driver side of Hamilton and his ability, but as a person, he's still an idiot in most people's eyes.

Soldato
He is a great driver. But he isn't a deep or interesting character. When he starts trying to make demands he sounds like a little bitch, he doesn't have that sort of personality.

Senna and some of the other greats did. They spoke their mind and people listened.

I root for Hamilton because he is British, not because he is an amazing guy.

Last edited:
Soldato
https://www.racefans.net/2020/08/03/hamilton-challenges-rivals-reasons-for-not-taking-a-knee/

Hamilton putting pressure on drivers again to submit to his wishes. Singled out KMag for changing his position without talking to him about it.

The message the FIA wants to put across is for drivers to stand together: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=doo1YjdlKf8

“I’m really proud of all the drivers wearing the ‘end racism’ T-shirt,”

All bar one. Shouldn't moan about other drivers not kneeling when you're intentionally trying to single yourself out from the group.

fez

fez

Caporegime
I would say that regardless of Hamilton's quirks and hypocrisies, this mostly boils down to one thing. His success. People are simply jealous, and jealousy often breeds contempt.

Thats an odd view to have. In general the most popular sports stars are the most successful. The ones that people love the most tend to be the ones that let their talent talk and don't try to step out of their bubble.

I'm jealous of pretty much every F1 driver up to a point. They get paid insane amounts of money to drive a car around a track. I wouldn't care if I was on £40m/year or £1m/year.

People don't like Lewis Hamilton because he is a classic example of the modern celebrity who is so in love with themselves and so arrogant that they think they genuinely should be telling the world what to think. He drives a car really fast and is probably the best in the world at it. Most people with half a brain cell would say that doesn't qualify him to talk about many social issues with any authority.

F1 is a very white sport for a very good reason. I'm sure there is a very small racial component but the main thing is simply the countries that it is popular in. Its a rich mans sport and is only popular in countries where the massive majority of fans are white. As much as people like to think that the UK is a melting pot of cultures (which it is for the most part) we are still a massively white country. Motorsports is already really niche compared to pretty much every other sport and its expensive. Its no surprise that there are very few black drivers.

I don't get it. There are no complaints that the NBA is overwhelmingly black, there are no complaints that the England football team is overwhelmingly black compared to the population of this country.

Soldato
Just doing it is giving in to something you may not believe in, that's how dictators get so powerful. You can be anti-racist without following some protest/riot group.

fez

fez

Caporegime
Just doing it is giving in to something you may not believe in, that's how dictators get so powerful. You can be anti-racist without following some protest/riot group.

Not any more. If you aren't with them in the way they decide you have to be then you are against them.

Caporegime

To be specific they're a Marxist group, look up the founders, look up their goals. It makes it all the more funny that Hamilton and professional footballers earning millions of pounds a year support them, it shows how stupid they are. If Hamilton supports BLM why doesn't he donate all of his earnings to the poor of the world and put his money where his mouth is.

Soldato
To be specific they're a Marxist group, look up the founders, look up their goals. It makes it all the more funny that Hamilton and professional footballers earning millions of pounds a year support them, it shows how stupid they are. If Hamilton supports BLM why doesn't he donate all of his earnings to the poor of the world and put his money where his mouth is.

I must have missed something, what's the connection between supporting BLM and giving all his money to the poor?

Soldato
What vocal 'celebrity' who stand-up for a/their cause in the history of the world has donated ALL of their earnings to it?

That'll be none then, right? But you're saying Hamilton should.

Ok then.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom