Hamilton hatred

Status
Not open for further replies.
Soldato
That's good for you.

But if F1 wants to get politically involved. Then they should drop tracks from now on that mistreat there people.

I don't think you're wrong to be honest... But it's better to start tackling issues rather than tackle nothing at all. Today it may be race, tomorrow it may be gender and down the line they may look at the regimes they appear to support. Change takes time and any step in the right direction is a good thing.
So if someone gets a bit upset about FIA/FOM pushing this, oh well. They're doing the right thing.

Soldato
I don't think you're wrong to be honest... But it's better to start tackling issues rather than tackle nothing at all. Today it may be race, tomorrow it may be gender and down the line they may look at the regimes they appear to support. Change takes time and any step in the right direction is a good thing.
So if someone gets a bit upset about FIA/FOM pushing this, oh well. They're doing the right thing.

For hamilton it's just a photo session for his accounts.
Why does he wear different T-Shirt from the rest?

I don't think he really knows about blm, other that it can make him money.

Soldato
For hamilton it's just a photo session for his accounts.
Why does he wear different T-Shirt from the rest?

I don't think he really knows about blm, other that it can make him money.

I think you're being too cynical, personally. None of us really know what he's working on, beyond the 'Hamilton Commission' (someone should tell him the acronym THC is already taken) but it seems he is trying to use his platform for good.

He says some stupid crap from time to time but as a human his heart is clearly always in the right place.

Soldato
I think you're being too cynical, personally. None of us really know what he's working on, beyond the 'Hamilton Commission' (someone should tell him the acronym THC is already taken) but it seems he is trying to use his platform for good.

He says some stupid crap from time to time but as a human his heart is clearly always in the right place.

His commission! the paper he has asked people to do for him is already out in the US.
He just needs to go to the State web site and read it.

blm are a Marxist, Anarchist group. There leader said so :)

Soldato
His commission! the paper he has asked people to do for him is already out in the US.
He just needs to go to the State web site and read it.

blm are a Marxist, Anarchist group. There leader said so :)

You can support the slogan without supporting the political group. Which is what I do.

Soldato
Not sure if serious :)

I'm very serious. You realise you can support a saying of black lives matter without supporting the political arm. Or are you not capable of doing such things and everything is binary to you?

At no stage over the first three races has Hamilton said people have been treating him differently in the paddock because of his skin color. He has also made clear when he states ‘Black Lives Matter’, his support is for the broader movement, not a specific political organization.

Source

but of course, you (and myself) who doesn't know the man know exactly what he thinks, don't you?

Soldato
I'm very serious. You realise you can support a saying of black lives matter without supporting the political arm. Or are you not capable of doing such things and everything is binary to you?

but of course, you (and myself) who doesn't know the man know exactly what he thinks, don't you?

It must be a very confusing world you live in.
If a person comes up to you wearing a shirt saying "I love Hitler" you must take it that he\she love the person and not the killing he done.

Soldato
It must be a very confusing world you live in.
If a person comes up to you wearing a shirt saying "I love Hitler" you must take it that he\she love the person and not the killing he done.

It's far from confusing, it's actually rather simple when you try to think of things rationally and not treat everything as an absolute that everything is either black or white. Allow me to simplify it for you...

I agree with the statement that 'Black Lives Matter'/'BLM'. So I do not disagree with the statement.
I do not agree with all of the objectives/views of the BLM political party therefore I do not support the political views of 'BLM'.

Really not hard to grasp. Using your weird Hitler view I'd probably think the wearer was a bit of tit as I'm not sure there is a lot of nuance when it comes to supporting dear old Adolf.

To flip it around... If you don't agree with the statement 'BLM', and it's obvious you don't support the 'BLM' political views, do you then think black lives indeed don't matter?

Must be a very confusing world when you only deal with For/Against and Us/Them.

Soldato
No.

Thalidomide babies are a great example of how lacking regulations were around drug development, and how hugely different the landscape is now. They're one of the reasons that drug trials are being done on these possible vaccines, rather than just hearing the president tell people to drink bleach and going out and starting to advertise it for that purpose.
Quite and seeing as, to date and fact checked, Mr Gates has put €50 million into charitable causes and any money he makes is from technology and has pledged to find a cure for malaria I doubt he will make anything from actual pharmaceutical profits...

Soldato
It's far from confusing, it's actually rather simple when you try to think of things rationally and not treat everything as an absolute that everything is either black or white. Allow me to simplify it for you...

I agree with the statement that 'Black Lives Matter'/'BLM'. So I do not disagree with the statement.
I do not agree with all of the objectives/views of the BLM political party therefore I do not support the political views of 'BLM'.

Really not hard to grasp. Using your weird Hitler view I'd probably think the wearer was a bit of tit as I'm not sure there is a lot of nuance when it comes to supporting dear old Adolf.

To flip it around... If you don't agree with the statement 'BLM', and it's obvious you don't support the 'BLM' political views, do you then think black lives indeed don't matter?

Must be a very confusing world when you only deal with For/Against and Us/Them.

So the t shirt you agree with is fine. But the other the person is a tit for wearing it.

I will leave you to it.
Your to weird even for me.

The t-shirt that the other drivers have been wearing is much better.

I like that t-shirt as well.
Lets see if hamilton breaks the rules again by taking off his mask for a photo shoot.

Soldato
So the t shirt you agree with is fine. But the other the person is a tit for wearing it.

I will leave you to it.
Your to weird even for me.

Fantastic, thank you. I Would get more sense talking to a brick wall than I do from you.

Comparing a slogan which can be interpreted multiple ways to wearing a shirt saying I love Hitler, which can be interpretated how?

I like that t-shirt as well.
Lets see if hamilton breaks the rules again by taking off his mask for a photo shoot.

I suppose it's only fair they get Vettel as well. Or do you not care when he does it?

f6387d520c050db2011b8163a7488030.jpg

Man of Honour
It’s all a bit hypocritical across the board really. I’m tired of the long political discussion at the start of each race going round and round about whose taking a knee and who isn’t. Button spoke the most sense last race on the matter. Let’s just race. I watch F1 to switch off from the world.

As for hamilton wading into vegan discussions, vaccinations, your a racing driver. Please just drive.

Soldato
It’s all a bit hypocritical across the board really. I’m tired of the long political discussion at the start of each race going round and round about whose taking a knee and who isn’t. Button spoke the most sense last race on the matter. Let’s just race. I watch F1 to switch off from the world.

As for hamilton wading into vegan discussions, vaccinations, your a racing driver. Please just drive.

Agree with this, its the same with football. Football should be about watching someone kick a ball into a net, its not there as a tool for someone to promote their religions, sexuality etc etc. It's a sport which exists as a form of entertainment. Hamilton has done extremely well from it too.

Soldato
Agree with this, its the same with football. Football should be about watching someone kick a ball into a net, its not there as a tool for someone to promote their religions, sexuality etc etc. It's a sport which exists as a form of entertainment. Hamilton has done extremely well from it too.

A while back, BBC had a premier league fixture betwixt Man City and somebody and the commentators were banging on about how football should do more to encourage blacks and ethnics into the game. Couldn't help but laugh at the ridiculousness of it all, because I couldn't help noticing that a good 90% of the players on the pitch were either black or ethnic.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom