***Han Solo movie***

v0n

v0n

Soldato
Let's face it and say it out loud - the cast is as if Sky One's announced Space Balls prequel as TV series. Young Han looks, speaks and acts nothing like Han Solo, young Lando (see Han comment). Daenerys Stormborn, Fleabag, Haymitch Abernathy, some imposter dude in Chewie's costume. Why is this happening? To show us Kessel Run done in 19 trillion miles?

Soldato
Weird they've gone with Ron Howard, from the rumour mill Disney aren't letting Directors have any input apart from what they tell them to do.

It could work with him doing voice over like Arrested Development.

Soldato
I never really saw the need for a Han Solo film, but I am a Star Wars nut job so of course I was always going to watch it.

Rogue One was excellent so the ability of the franchise to move outside of the Skywalker family successfully gave me some form of confidence that Disney would do a pretty good job.

Ron Howard......pretty good Director....I , however, read one article on the Director transition :

http://ew.com/movies/2017/06/22/ron-howard-takes-over-directing-duties-on-han-solo-film/

and focused on one particular statement about Ron Howard that I wasn't aware of :

"also served as an unofficial advisor to George Lucas on his prequel films"

This could be a **** show fellas.......

Soldato
I never really saw the need for a Han Solo film, but I am a Star Wars nut job so of course I was always going to watch it.

Rogue One was excellent so the ability of the franchise to move outside of the Skywalker family successfully gave me some form of confidence that Disney would do a pretty good job.

Ron Howard......pretty good Director....I , however, read one article on the Director transition :

http://ew.com/movies/2017/06/22/ron-howard-takes-over-directing-duties-on-han-solo-film/

and focused on one particular statement about Ron Howard that I wasn't aware of :

"also served as an unofficial advisor to George Lucas on his prequel films"

This could be a **** show fellas.......
I would imagine though that whatever advice George did take it was probably for the better.

Soldato
I think Disney are over milking the star wars thing now :(

I thought the force awakens was nothing more than a vacuous reboot. Rogue one was actually quite good and by far the best star wars film after the original trilogy.

But this solo film smacks of milking the cash cow just one time too many.

Hope I'm wrong obviously.

Back
Top Bottom