Hanns.G HZ281HPB 27.5" Widescreen LCD Monitor

Associate
monitor best out the box settings.

Could some1 be so kind to post the best setting to set mine from out the box.
ill be getting mine on saturday. thx in response. ;)

Associate
Could some1 be so kind to post the best setting to set mine from out the box.
You may find some settings posted earlier in this thread. I'm sure you will notice variations depending upon people's visual preferences but here are my settings to get you started:

Brightness: 42
Contrast: 50
XContrast: Off
Color Setting: User (RGB all set to 75 each)

ATI Catalyst Control Center
Desktop Properties | Color - Gamma: 0.70

I had different settings during the first couple of weeks but I've tweaked them over the last few months and I'm very happy with how it looks now.

Last edited:
Soldato
HI i have posted in the Monitors section also but thought i pop in here as its what i looking at, currently have the DGM 24" and it has a S-PVA panel by Samsung so 178x178 angles had it over 3 years and fancy a bigger screen.

What do you lot think would it be worth the extra size but losing the benefits of the panel over TN but also gaining the higher contrast ratios not sure what to do.

Soldato
I think this has everything I need other than being TN, however as I already only use TNT panels I won't know any better ;) For £500 for two of these (building two rigs) I don't think you can do much better, features, size etc. considered

Soldato
One review says this screen has speakers on it and the sound is poor - is there any way to disable them? I'm pretty happy with my speaker setup and don't want this. Is it noticeable etc.?

Man of Honour
From what i have seen all speakers built into monitors are poor. Just don't plug them into the pc. Everyone should have a half decent set of speakers anyway. Seem's a bit pointless to have a nice pc with a big screen and then skimp on a set of speakers.

Associate
Im seriously considering getting this monitor soon for when I move back to uni. I'll be using it for the xbox 360 as well as on the PC. Does anyone know what the quality is like on the 360? My current 22" monitor only has VGA so the quality is terrible.

Soldato
Perhaps I am biased but I'm not sure that a silver stripe and a stand with a square base (instead of the Hanns G oval base) are sufficient to elevate the Iiyama above the Hanns G in the style charts.

Does style matter when, for an extra £5 the Hanns G gives you:
- hdmi connection
- a bigger screen (27.5")
- better contrast
- better brightness

Iiyama ProLite E2607WSD 26" Widescreen LCD Monitor

I actually found this monitor a lot more stylish than than the HANS.G, anyone agree

http://www.overclockers.co.uk/showproduct.php?prodid=MO-052-IY&groupid=17&catid=1120&subcat=

At 1" bigger it would be hardly noticeable. And we havent even compared the two so how do you know they have better contrast and brightness. All the same i am with you on the HDMI connection, that would make the extra 5 quid worth it.
the Iiyama ProLite monitors are far better quality tbh.

Soldato
Just want to say a big thank you to everyone in this thread who helped me decide to get this screen, after my iPhone it's the best piece of tech I've bought in years. Now I have to replay all my favourite games on it, deadly! Cheers.

Permabanned
mm very nice, being thinking about getting a bigger monitor(as about to build a new PC system), how far do you sit from your screen to game on a 27.5" monitor ... how do you take everything in?

heheh I'm on a HW191D (Its a hanns G as well)

Back
Top Bottom