Hanns.G HZ281HPB 27.5" Widescreen LCD Monitor

Soldato
Had one of these delivered had a DGM 24" which was fine but fancied the bigger screen, was worried over the viewing angles etc as my old one had a S-PVA panel but any worries i had have gone this monitor is HUGE.

I can't get over how much bigger the screen is really nice when gaming and everything looks sweet and the angles are fine nothing to worry about, the only thing is why they found it necessary to put it on 100% brightness but apart from that a great monitor for the price.

To timciren comments about the iphone if he talking about the I4 well i had one and 2 of the top android phones in Desire and Galaxy S and i found the I4 much better phone, sold it mind as i have all of them get bored of phones easy :p.

Last edited:
Soldato
After a days usage i find i am getting eye ache from this anyone got any tips to stop this, i find i have to set the contrast/brightness around 30 or its just to bright.

Soldato
Mine arrived today its everything you would expect & more :D

Stunning in everyway & for the price its a steal :D They even give you 2 cables (VGA-VGA & DVI-HDMI).

Unfortunately however mine has a few dead pixels on the far left top middle. 2 dead next to each other & 1 more close by. Not enough to return it as you cannot see unless you look for it. But enough for me to be a little disappointed :( Everything else is perfect so its a keeper ;)

Caporegime
Airrunner, depends what you mean by a dramatic difference.

It's 16:10 format compared to 4:3 format, offers 20% more screen area and is much better for watching films/TV and playing games in widescreen.

If you have a widescreen TV then it's the same "difference" as when you bought that compared to your old 4:3 TV.

SJM

SJM

Associate
I'm thinking about buying this as my 2nd monitor for both my pc and hdtv needs.

Will be connecting it to my pc via the dvi and as my pc is connected to an amp, i'm ok for the pc audio.

I will be connecting my hd satellite receiver (dreambox) via the hdmi. This isn't connected to my amp, so i need audio from the speakers.

As i say, it's a 2nd monitor, my satellite receiver is connected to an 47" LCD and so i'm not concerned about the poor speaker quality.

Questions:

1. With the above set up, does the hdmi input carry audio, or do i need to use a seperate audio cable?

2. Are the speakers connected to the monitor or not? I am using an ergotron LCD arm!

Thanks.

Back
Top Bottom