Hannspree HG324QJB 32" 1440p 144hz Adaptive Sync

Associate
I've joined the club. 144Hz works for me using a RX580. The only hiccup was that I didn't know I had to enable Freesync on the monitor rather than just the settings on the PC. Thankfully I don't run system resource intensive games on my PC so I can wait to upgrade it.

It sparked a bit of a re-arrangement of my house. Out with the massive old barely working CRT in my retro gaming corner replaced with my old monitor (24WMGX3). All the old school inputs coupled with an OSSC has pretty much all systems covered. It's re-ignited my urge to get the soldering iron out and fix my old Amiga and RGB mod my Master System II.

Associate
Hello, I 've just bought the monitor and I just realized that it supports 1.2 display port. (1.2 dp is 2k 120hz)
I have been trying to play 2k 144hz but both in games and in windows the monitor I receive some bad signal frequently, about every 1 min. It is instant! looks like what you could get from a small current drop or maybe an almost good display cable. I use a 1080ti.

Has anyone manage to get 144hs stable in 2k? if so what cable is used?

Associate
Hello, I 've just bought the monitor and I just realized that it supports 1.2 display port. (1.2 dp is 2k 120hz)
I have been trying to play 2k 144hz but both in games and in windows the monitor I receive some bad signal frequently, about every 1 min. It is instant! looks like what you could get from a small current drop or maybe an almost good display cable. I use a 1080ti.

Has anyone manage to get 144hs stable in 2k? if so what cable is used?

Got some issues when set to 144Hz over here. Setting to 120Hz solves the issue when dragging/resizing any window around but it does not make sense, as it is 144Hz monitor. I will send it back in the end of January.

Associate
I replaced the cable that came with it,with a good certified DP cable as the one came with it was a bit ifyy for me. Get 144hz in windows on chrome and also in bf5

Associate
guys thanks for the guide. I just ordered a star tech 1.2 hbr2 cable. it will take some time to arrive.
I will post my thought when it arrives

Associate
with the new cable all seem perfectly stable.. I do have some backlight bleeding but I was expecting that, overall I am happy with my purchase.
-hope it will work decent with Invidia new drivers supporting adaptive sync..

Soldato
I literally sold my 1080 for a Vega 64 before the Freesync Nvidia support was announced, a bit annoying but I think Nvidia support is not going to be great for anything that isn't certified by them, as demoed by there's video today showing issues with flickering and stuff for unsusuported monitors.

Would be great to hear from you guys how it works when it's out though.

Soldato
OP
I literally sold my 1080 for a Vega 64 before the Freesync Nvidia support was announced, a bit annoying but I think Nvidia support is not going to be great for anything that isn't certified by them, as demoed by there's video today showing issues with flickering and stuff for unsusuported monitors.

Would be great to hear from you guys how it works when it's out though.

I think the underlying cause for the flinkering that some of these adaptive screens have on nvidia is the same thing that caused them to frameskip on nvidia hardware prior. LG's ultrawide is a worthy mentioning here as they seem to have odd behavior on nvidia cards if you want to use 75hz. Maybe fixable using CRU..

Associate
Bought this monitor this weekend and the supplied cable gives bad flicker with 144hz

Changed and looks better

How does everyone set to 144Hz and know its running that in games. I can see in the display settings its 32bit 144hz but what about games

Associate
Bought this monitor this weekend and the supplied cable gives bad flicker with 144hz

Changed and looks better

How does everyone set to 144Hz and know its running that in games. I can see in the display settings its 32bit 144hz but what about games
Monitor on-screen display Setup Menu / Information / V. Frequency.

Soldato
im intersted in everyone's NVidia freesync test tomorrow. Ill be gutted if it works perfect as i sold my 1080 for a Vega64 the day before!

I have just changed my Freesync range using CRU to 28hz - 144hz On slightly rubbish made games (assasins creed) i was dropping below Freesync range.

EDIT; was not stable :(

Freesync is really good btw, for me the tearing at anything over 90fps on a 144hz was so fast it wasnt really a issue, its more how much smooth games are now, no mote annoying hitches when you drop frames, its great.

Last edited:
Soldato
anyone tried it? Drivers out now,

Reports seem to indicate that anything that has the range of 48-144hz is working almost perfect, so changes are this monitor will work.

Now im annoyed i swapped my 1080 for a Vega a day before the announcement :p

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom