Hardest three footballers ever

Man of Honour
Just because older players were allowed to kick the crap out of each other doesn't automatically make them harder. There will be plenty around today that would do so given half a chance.

Think that's it really.

Today's athletes are far faster, fitter and come from all corners of the globe. I think plenty of today's guys would rip into older 'hard men'.

Don't dismiss simulation for being poor in a fight. That's a choice if that makes any sense.

Associate
Patrick Viera pretty much OWNED Keane whenever Arsenal played them. Keane probably had an inferiority complex when playing against him too. And Diaby is pretty nuts too.

Man of Honour
1. Big Dunc
2. Duncan Ferguson
3. Duncan Disorderly

Nice choices all three. ;) Still the only man to have been done for assault on a football pitch I believe and then there's the story about the two foolish people who tried to burgle his home - one of them ended up in hospital for three days afterwards.

I'd have to reckon Dave Mackay as one of the all time hard men of football, perfectly exemplified in the below picture. Billy Bremner as mentioned was no shrinking violet but even he doesn't look like he's got a chance there.

Dave%20Mackay%20vs%20Billy%20Bremner.jpg

Soldato
Stuart Pierce always struck me as a genuine hard man in the football sense of the word. But Vinnie Jones would have to be just one of those blokes I would hate to mess with both on a pitch and off it.

Surprised this pic hasn't been posted yet,...Mr Jones in action :D

balls.jpg

Permabanned
Stuart Pierce always struck me as a genuine hard man in the football sense of the word. But Vinnie Jones would have to be just one of those blokes I would hate to mess with both on a pitch and off it.

Surprised this pic hasn't been posted yet,...Mr Jones in action :D

balls.jpg

Jones was a wannabee hard man. Just a thug basically. The likes of Norman Hunter and Chopper Harris would have left the guy on the ground with a broken leg.

Permabanned
Shearer was pretty hard for a striker, remember when Keane tried to go for him and Shearer just stood his ground and Keane was held back, you know the "hold me back lads, let me at him" thing

DiCanio just a nutter/head case.

It didn't happen like that at all, Keane took a swing at him and Shearer had to dodge out the way, then when Keane went for him again is when everyone grabbed him.

Kevin Muscat. Wolves Legend!
Duncan Ferguson
Stuart Pearce

Those for me! Muscat is highly dubious though

Indeed Muscats an animal, he's just need banned for shed loads of matches in the Aussie league iirc

You could hear his tackles in the stand at Molineux

Edit: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/fo...uscat-handed-week-ban-shocking-challenge.html

Nice tackle :/

Last edited:
Don
From players in the past 20 years or so:

Ferguson, Muscat and Jones.

From what I've been told (and the little I've seen), Souness has to get a mention too. Whenever he's been brought up when talking to older football fans, I keep getting told that he was always involved in any flash point during a game.
Indeed Muscats an animal, he's just need banned for shed loads of matches in the Aussie league iirc

I was just about to post that. 8 game ban for a shocking tackle that ended some kid's season.

Soldato

You could hear his tackles in the stand at Molineux

Edit: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/fo...uscat-handed-week-ban-shocking-challenge.html

Nice tackle :/

Jesus! Can't believe he is still allowed to play! Looks like the lad he tackled will be out for a while:

http://www.theage.com.au/sport/a-league/ban-likely-to-be-end-for-muscat-20110127-1a6vn.html

His reaction in the video was priceless, as was the coach who just looked like he was thinking 'oh not again:mad:'

Soldato
they also took it too without whining

That doesn't even begin to respond to what I said. Sure plenty modern footballers moan but does that make them all moaners? No. There are plenty hard men around today but they have to play to the rules as they are currently enforced. There was more opportunity to display your mean streak when tackling was actually allowed - it doesn't mean some players today wouldn't love to be able to get stuck in.

Back
Top Bottom