• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

Has Anyone Moved From Nvidia To Amd And Not Regretted It

That is true about the memory not clocking down with multiscreen on 7000 series GPU's, i think they fixed that?

See this, i had this with my 2070S for two years, reinstalling windows, drivers.... nothing but turning off Hardware Acceleration worked, this is the same issue AMD had 10 years ago and every tech jurno was all over it like a rash. Part of their "bad AMD drivers" theme of the time. Now? Silence...
This video is from this year, they still haven't fixed it...... swapping my 2070S out for the 7800 XT fixed it, never seen that problem since. AMD fixed it 10 years ago.

Yeah, don't think I've seen that one.
Which just shows how dealing with multiple graphics cards increases your chances of hitting these sorts of issues. Just my theory that this is why tech tubers might have a worse opinion of a certain brand than those of us that only experience a few of the cards over a longer period of time.

I've bounced about between AMD/Nvidia and I've never had a major issue with either. I'm on Nvidia at the moment (1070ti), but before that I was on an r9 290 and that was fine, passed it onto my brother and it was fine there as well until it died. He is on an RX580 now and has been for years and hasn't had any issues. I'm not saying it doesn't happen, but the only place I've ever seen modern AMD drivers bad, whole system unstable, constant updating etc is the internet. I've never had any issues like that on mine or anyone I know with them, they've generally been fit and forget, same as Nvidia.

It does seem like Nvidia get more slack with their drivers though. Gears 4 was broken by Nvidia for a year, it would bsod on Pascal (and only pascal, fine on others and AMD) past X driver. Not only did I not see many mentions of it, people would blame the coalition for X or Y update, even though rolling back to the working driver would fix it. Even when Nvidia eventually got around to it, I saw comments on the Gears forum along the lines of "the coaliton are lazy and needed Nvidia to fix". AMD wouldn't get that slack, it would be straight back to "bad drivers".

I'm just waiting for next gen now (I'm mostly playing indie and esports games so the 1070ti can hold on fine), but I would have no issue going back to AMD if the pricing is right and RNDA4 has a decent ai upscaler. More and more games seem to be leaning on it even at 1080p, don't have to like it, but that seems to be the way games are going.

Last edited:
I wish people would stop obsessing over brands. I don't yet know whether my next GPU will be an RTX 5060 or an RX 8600 but the one and only thing that will influence my decision are the reviews. Not some stupid metric like, "I've been buying XXXX brand for 15 years so I'll stick with them". That's the dumbest thing I've ever heard yet most people do it. Crazy.

Back
Top Bottom