• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

Has Anyone Moved From Nvidia To Amd And Not Regretted It

Thanks for the heads up as I do use MSI Afterburner for profiles for gaming and when I am just using PC for browsing the net and also a little undervolting.
So you can still use MSI afterburner for doing profiles on the AMD card aswell?
You don’t really need to use it as the AMD driver software is really good. You can do individual tuning per game and there is loads of tuning options. You can also do global tuning as well.

I've jumped back & forth between NVidia & AMD regularly over the years. Got a 7900xtx now.
To be honest, had few problems on either.
Only GPU I had fail was a 4070ti where the one of the fans went crazy & sounded like it was about to grenade itself. OCUK sorted me out with an RMA replacement of a different, better model, which I gave to my nephew.
Doesn't really affect my opinion of NVidia cards generally, they're fine.

Last edited:
I had a 1080ti which I swapped out for a 6700xt, the 1080ti was great but the 6700xt has been great too and haven't had any issues with either, looking to upgrade soon but trying to hold out for the next gen but some of the deals are getting tempting

Last edited:
I had a 1080ti which I swapped out for a 6700xt, the 1080ti was great but the 6700xt has been great too and haven't had any issues with either, looking to upgrade soon but trying to hold out for the next gen but some of the deals are getting tempting
That's why I took the Leap good deals

I had a 6950XT, very good card. I sold it as I wasn't gaming much at all. Just waiting now to see what comes up that is ideally a bit quicker, lower power and a reasonable price. Not holding my breath :cry: No problem going Nvidia again, if there was a compelling option, but pricing will probably prevent that.

I got a Powercolor 5700 XT in 2020 as I could predict some future GPU shortages (!) just as covid was taking hold, it was nearly the only option at the time, glad I did as I spent a year furloughed and playing many games! But it was noisy and had some whine. Later I got lucky and managed to jump on a 3070 stock alert. These days with DLSS, RT and generally efficient/quiet GPUs I look to Nvidia. AMD drivers are good though.

Not much incentive to use AMD hardware in recent years. Rasterization performance is fine but upscaling, frame generation and raytracing are something you have consider now. AMD GPU's are also not as efficient anymore.

FSR AI has potential, but they're still playing catch up. FSR Frame generation is fine, I actually prefer DLSS + FSR FG when available, seems smoother to me. With Raytracing you have to consider it on a game by game basis, nice to have the option to use it.

I got a Powercolor 5700 XT in 2020 as I could predict some future GPU shortages (!) just as covid was taking hold, it was nearly the only option at the time, glad I did as I spent a year furloughed and playing many games! But it was noisy and had some whine. Later I got lucky and managed to jump on a 3070 stock alert. These days with DLSS, RT and generally efficient/quiet GPUs I look to Nvidia. AMD drivers are good though.
on my 3rd amd gpu also got a 5700 the year before covid then managed to sell it and buy a 6700xt for £20 more been running that every since my lack of gaming motivation see no real reason to upgrade yet

a new game might change my mind who knows

Last edited:
You don’t really need to use it as the AMD driver software is really good. You can do individual tuning per game and there is loads of tuning options. You can also do global tuning as well.

If you have an AMD CPU, you can use it to overclock that too.

I've had less AMD cards fail or have hardware/memory stability issues later on than Nvidia ones. That could be down to the 3rd party manufacturers though.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom