Has the recent post count started to kill MM?

Been a user here for a while, but I think I was much more active on the old Jolt.co.uk forums back in the day and was more of a lurker here I think.

Since reading the update on rules for access to MM I do think i've tried to post more often and trying to help with any issues where possible. Think it is worth doing and keeping up.

I was expecting to quickly clear out my unused stuff, but given the change of rules, it's probably easier for me to list them at the bay :cry:
Absolutely no offense intended but I think that's safer for users of the MM. If someone isn't an active part of the community it is far harder to assess whether they are genuine or not. Again, not really aimed at you directly but more just the situation.

Absolutely no offense intended but I think that's safer for users of the MM. If someone isn't an active part of the community it is far harder to assess whether they are genuine or not. Again, not really aimed at you directly but more just the situation.
Totally understandable. Accounts could be hacked to be used as scams.

On the other hand, I wish there was a button to batch delete previous posts for privacy purposes, as I don't want AI bots to crawl on these forums and train on my posts.

I've logged in only to find this :confused:
If it helps, here's a picture of my cat.

G0u97Zc.jpeg

Totally understandable. Accounts could be hacked to be used as scams.

On the other hand, I wish there was a button to batch delete previous posts for privacy purposes, as I don't want AI bots to crawl on these forums and train on my posts.
It's an interesting idea but that would quickly ruin historical threads that do get read. I suppose if a user leaves the forum then their posts get anonymised.

I just like lurking here. Maybe one day I'll be able to see the legendary market once more, but I literally can't bring myself to write enough tripe often enough :) oh well plenty of other stuff to read. And this account is from these 'new' forums. Kinda got demotivated after my hard won (not actually that high) postcount was nuked from orbit in the vbulletin(?) days :D might still be. Hang on what century is this?!?

I don't post anywhere as much as a used to. Add to that the 2FA which when I'm travelling (which I do frequently), means sometimes I just can't be bothered to log in at that moment.

Pretty easy to make 5 posts in a month if needed, but still something of a barrier sometimes for some.

Used to post more, need to post more to get access back. Was a bit annoyed at first but 5 posts per month seems reasonable to be honest.

5 post per month is reasonable,however I have noticed a significant drop in activity within the MM,before you could add something F/S or wanted and you'd 98% of the time get someone interested fairly quick,now things can sit for ages even with significant price drops because there isn't the numbers on there that use to be.

Which isn't great surely for ocuk either because most people sell their old gear to fund new and they'd most likely buy from ocuk anyway.
Who knows.

Last edited:
5 post per month is reasonable,however I have noticed a significant drop in activity within the MM,before you could add something F/S or wanted and you'd 98% of the time get someone interested fairly quick,now things can sit for ages even with significant price drops because there isn't the numbers on there that use to be.

Which isn't great surely for ocuk either because most people sell their old gear to fund new and they'd most likely buy from ocuk anyway.
Who knows.
I highly doubt this is due to user numbers, it is more likely due to a combincation of CoL and poor hardware upgrades in recent years.

Upgrading isn't value for money as things are more expensive, and improvements are smaller, I know I am sticking with my 5700x until I really need to upgrade, rather than just having an itch.

It's an interesting idea but that would quickly ruin historical threads that do get read. I suppose if a user leaves the forum then their posts get anonymised.
Mine didn't get anonymised. More annoyingly, these went into the archived forum, and won't allow me to delete. Imagine posting something that may be deemed to be inappropriate in the future, only to be necroresurrected by archaeologists... Even Facetime offers the option to delete old posts.

Last edited:

Who knows.

This is what I was afraid of and in my case, I just sold the bits that would have gone on the MM somewhere else.

The idea of using the MM as a ‘reward/benefit’ for people to post regularly only works if the MM is worth something.

Without having access myself I can’t corroborate the above, but it does sound like the MM is no longer what it was and thus its ‘value’ is diminished.

Back
Top Bottom