Has the recent post count started to kill MM?

Mine didn't get anonymised. More annoyingly, these went into the archived forum, and won't allow me to delete. Imagine posting something that may be deemed to be inappropriate in the future, only to be necroresurrected by archaeologists... Even Facetime offers the option to delete old posts.
Did you leave the forum, i.e. tell mods you were going? I don't just mean stop logging in for a bit.

TBH I understand your point and we all did embarrassing stuff 20 years ago on the internet, so to speak... But you know what they say about putting things on the internet.

we all did embarrassing stuff 20 years ago on the internet, so to speak... But you know what they say about putting things on the internet.

Exactly this. For some people, it's probably not worth it to sell privacy (or the right to freely delete posts in the future) for access to MM, hence the activities in MM might reduce.

Members Market. A forum on here to buy/sell stuff that is hidden until you hit 1000 posts (General Discussion doesn't count) at which point you need to post a minimum amount every 90 days to retain access (General Discussion posts DO count)

I logged back on after a few years to use the MM. Not only have I not got 1000 posts, it's also 3 months of posting. It does seem fair though.

There are a fair few profiteers (or were) hanging around forums. I was offered a GPU in response to a wanted thread. The GPU was bought from another forum and after a PM to the seller it turned out the GPU hadn't even arrived! The niche items are easy to find turning up on eBay.

Ooh that's good news. Although I always preferred selling on places like this as I would hope there are fewer scammers!
I have a Ryzen 5600 sat in a box doing nothing but don't fancy Ebay as who knows what buyer I'll get, would rather even take the hit and sell to CEX.

Now that eBay has announced no fees for private sellers I think we will see another shift in MM usage. You can usually get more on eBay.

While you probably can get more on eBay, I still always prefer MM.

You know that a transaction has a 99% chance of being smooth and safe and the goods you’re getting/selling will have been looked after properly.

Also I’d rather someone here get something cheap and use it rather than a trader, so as mentioned before, I more than welcome the “new” changes!

I logged back on after a few years to use the MM. Not only have I not got 1000 posts, it's also 3 months of posting. It does seem fair though.

There are a fair few profiteers (or were) hanging around forums. I was offered a GPU in response to a wanted thread. The GPU was bought from another forum and after a PM to the seller it turned out the GPU hadn't even arrived! The niche items are easy to find turning up on eBay.

Report it to the mods and we'll make sure the offender never posts in the MM again :)

Now that eBay has announced no fees for private sellers I think we will see another shift in MM usage. You can usually get more on eBay.

I'd still prefer to buy through MM if possible. I don't trust buying through Ebay as much as buying through MM. I've not bought extensive amounts but anything I have has always been a smooth transaction.

I'd still prefer to buy through MM if possible. I don't trust buying through Ebay as much as buying through MM. I've not bought extensive amounts but anything I have has always been a smooth transaction.
Yep, here and the other forum are always my first ports of calls (I have good feedback on both), then Facebook, then Gumtree, I never use Ebay for selling, and only buy if it is a very weird specific item I need that is <£50.

Back
Top Bottom