Hayfever - Thread

Soldato
Very surprised more people haven't tried local honey. With my hayfever, I only treat the symptons once I get them.

This time round I tried local honey for the first time. The first week I was wondering if was even helping, but I persisted and didn't use any medication to treat the hayfever - being off the belief that I need to give the honey something to work against. But another week later, my hayfever symptons are pretty much gone.

I was told to take 2 teaspoons each day, which I thought was a bit much. So I decided just to take 2 teaspoons of honey daily until the symptons go, then one teaspoon a day for another week before stopping. So far this seems to have worked for me. Obviously other pepple are bound to have different results.

One thing I will say is not to get honey too locally. You have to remember pollen travels in the air from miles around. I was lucky enough to locate some honey about 10 miles away from me. I think you should get honey locally, but not so close that you only have a narrow variety of pollen in the honey. You want a bit of everything.

Soldato
I used to have it on toast every morning for breakfast, but I've been told honey water is just as good and has a lot of health benefits (supposedly..).

It's just finding some and it's a case of eating it constantly while you can get it.

Soldato
last week was bad - even woke up sneezing with sore eyes! but I've started taking Piriteze and it seems to be doing the trick!

Associate
My OH who gets bad hay fever eats a spoonful of local honey every day now, must be honey within 5 miles of where you live. Told her it was an old wives tale, but lo and behold it does seem to work, she hasn't really been affected this season.

Soldato
Local honey was an old wives tale for me.

I got honey from the woman across the road who had bee's. Was living on the stuff and it made not an ounce of difference. Can't get much more local than that! :(

Underboss
I'm suffering this morning, and upon checking my bag all I have is Piriton Drowsy.

Think the wife must have "borrowed" my non drowsy. Going to be a long/chilled day then.

Soldato
I'm suffering really badly again this year. My nose wont stop running, my eyes are streaming and my sneezing is dire.

Waking up on a morning is bad, my eyes lids are usually stuff together when I wake up due to the eye lashes sticking together when sleeping and the gunk coming out my eyes. I have to get to the bathroom blind and wash my eyes out with warm water just to open them.

I have tried many tablets and sprays nothing seems to work at all.

Does anybody else suffer from heavy snoring during hayfeaver season too? MY wife is about to divorce me I think lol.

Really starting to annoy me now :mad: I get this every year, but these feels the worst it's ever been. I have to get public transport daily and I just sit their wiping up my runny nose sniffling away, I can't help it :o I try my best to play it cool, but I wonder what other people think, hopefully they understand that it's just hay fever :p

Associate
I don't seem to be too bad this year but I feel for anyone that heats it bad, its horrible and wares you out. I just take the cheap tablets you get in home bargain etc. I also seem to be not as bad since eating honey every day, not sure if that's anything to do with it.

smr

smr

Soldato
This is madenning. This is by far the worst day I have ever had of Hayfever and it's barely 10.30. wtf is going on!? Do we have some super strain of pollen or something these days? I never suffered until I was in my mid twenties.. My eyes are okay and not really affected by it...just a bit watery.. it's just my nose is dripping like a tap and its really itchy, had quite a lot of sneezes today.

Soldato
I'm suffering really badly again this year. My nose wont stop running, my eyes are streaming and my sneezing is dire.

Waking up on a morning is bad, my eyes lids are usually stuff together when I wake up due to the eye lashes sticking together when sleeping and the gunk coming out my eyes. I have to get to the bathroom blind and wash my eyes out with warm water just to open them.

I have tried many tablets and sprays nothing seems to work at all.

Does anybody else suffer from heavy snoring during hayfeaver season too? MY wife is about to divorce me I think lol.

If you have not tried them already,Go to the docs and ask him to prescribe you Fexofenadine 120mg,I was in the same boat..tried absolutely everything the shops sell they didn't do anything,Fexofenadine made a huge difference but because ive been on them a few years now my body's got use to them and they're not as good,Might see the doc again see if i can bump up the dose to 180mg or try something else.

I heard there was an injection you could have,Not sure if they still do it though,and personally i cant see it lasting all through the summer.

Soldato
Really starting to annoy me now :mad: I get this every year, but these feels the worst it's ever been. I have to get public transport daily and I just sit their wiping up my runny nose sniffling away, I can't help it :o I try my best to play it cool, but I wonder what other people think, hopefully they understand that it's just hay fever :p
They probably just think this :p: http://www.thesun.co.uk/sol/homepag...-snorts-coke-on-London-Underground-train.html

Fortunately it sounds like I don't get hayfever half as bad as some people here. I just get sneezy, runny nose etc. But it has been noticeably bad this year. As soon as the sun started coming out a bit in April I've felt like I've had a cold. Greatly helped by some generic antihistamines from Superdrug but it's still damn annoying. And if I have a beer or something I presume it stops them working because I seem to feel very hayfevery almost straight away!

Associate
I've barely had any symptoms as of yet. Just a tiny amount of itching in my left eye last night for around 15 minutes. I am however taking 40-50mg Cetirizine daily for other reasons. I guess that's enough to suppress 99% of it. :D

The last time I spoke to my GP on the subject he stated that the typical dose of 10mg a day is simply nowhere near enough for most people and a higher dose like I'm currently taking would do a better job, and is still well below what dosage Pfizer tested during trials, with no adverse effects.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom