Hayfever - Thread

R3X

R3X

Soldato
i got an airfree purifier last year, it worked well last year (unless i just had a good year for hayfever) but it's hardly touched it this year (well this last week it all kicked off for me, tuesday being the worst day)

thanks yeah had a feeling it was a bit hit n miss, tempted to try one but no money back on used goods.

Man of Honour
Dying today :(

Cannot use anything stronger, otherwise I can't do loads of stiff at work. Would massively drop my higher grade duties and overtime.

Soldato
does anyone find they get worse if the weather rapidly changes?

yesterday at work was really nice and hot. today it was raining, bit colder but still warm.

now im taking all kinds of treatments.

kbc

kbc

Associate
What's the best off-the-counter one to take during the day without making you go drowsy?

I wear contacts, so the eyes don't itch as much. It's the constant nose running like a tap and feel like sneezing every 2 minutes that does me - I can go through 2-3 packs of tissues easily. I used to do loratadine in the mornings and centirizine at night. I know you should only take one a day but my hayfever is making me unproductive at work. :( :( :(

Soldato
I can't remember what my nasal spray is, the trigger is on the side of the bottle though, it's on perscription. It's working amazingly though!

I have never felt so much relief. The tablets that worked for me last year, aren't touching it this year. Before taking this I was suffering very badly.

Soldato
Dear fellow sufferers. You may remember me from last year, advising you all how amazing an air purifier is in your bedroom stating the wonders it was working for me! I believe a few users took the advice and were happy with the results also.

Just posting to say for as long as I can remember I have been a hayfever sufferer from April-September every single damn year without fail..... that is until this year! It is now almost July and I have never once so far this year had a single symptom.

The miracle cure I hear you begging for is simple..... Move to the north of Scotland. Where we are experiencing the coldest June of my lifetime and of the past 40 odd years. It's dull, miserable, raining and barely touching double figure temperatures in the height of the day. So you will be depressed, hoping the world plunges into armageddon to end your futile depressing dull grey Scottish life, but that to me, is better than suffering from ******* hayfever all "summer".

You're welcome.

Hxc

Hxc

Soldato
Never had hayfever as bad as the past couple of days; first summer in London and it is horrendous. Would've thought back home in Norfolk would've been worse but this is something else!

Soldato
You guys reminded me that I could get Fexofenadine from Lloyds Pharmacy online. I went on and ordered some just now, and noticed my last order was exactly one year ago after last posting in this thread. Weird.

Soldato
Both Cetirizine Hydrochloride and Loratadine no longer work on me now. Nose was running like a river on the bus home from town. My eyes right now are VERY itchy, resisting the urge to itch them as i know it'll be 10x worse if i do.

Seen Fexofenadine but need a prescription, so i assume i have to see a GP to get it?

Last edited:
Associate
Ordered some Chlorphenamine and some Nasal spray from boots. Chlorphenamine is new to me so i hope it works.

chlorphenamine (piriton) gives me a horrible dry mouth and been told it can make you drowsy, doctor told me to take one of them at night to keep me going through the night and should knock me out to sleep too lol :p

think it only lasts 6 hours?

Back
Top Bottom