Hayfever - Thread

Soldato
Anyone else struggled the last couple of days? Couldn't sleep last night as my nose was so blocked, and really struggling with eyes and sneezing today! Despite me taking enough fexofenadine to knock out a horse

Soldato
Anyone else struggled the last couple of days? Couldn't sleep last night as my nose was so blocked, and really struggling with eyes and sneezing today! Despite me taking enough fexofenadine to knock out a horse
Yeah something has given me itchy eyes and sneezing fits. Don't normally get it this early, maybe the mild winter is behind it.

Soldato
Does it take a few days of taking Allevia (fexofenadine) to take proper effect? I can't remember from last year!

Our tree in the back garden is full of catkin buds, I've been sneezing a fair bit and nose running constantly for the last ~36 hours. Two days of Allevia so far not really solving the nose issue.

Combined with groggy effects from beginning to take Mirtazapine recently, hard to tell at mo if this is hayfever or a head cold.

Soldato
Does it take a few days of taking Allevia (fexofenadine) to take proper effect? I can't remember from last year!

Our tree in the back garden is full of catkin buds, I've been sneezing a fair bit and nose running constantly for the last ~36 hours. Two days of Allevia so far not really solving the nose issue.

Combined with groggy effects from beginning to take Mirtazapine recently, hard to tell at mo if this is hayfever or a head cold.

I think it does build up over 2/3 days in my experience. I find a nasal spray in conjunction really helps as well.

Soldato
Have others found taking Allevia (fexofenadine) with a cup of coffee, but not eating a meal until at least an hour later as directed on the packaging, reduces the allergy relief?

Maybe the last couple of days being a welcome return to dry weather, along with a sunny but not too hot, has sent tree pollen levels sky high today... Eyes feeling tingly while indoors, nose/throat/breathing slightly affected while outdoors for ~15mins earlier.

Last edited:
Soldato
I never thought Loratadine did anything for me. In fact, it didn't.

However, someone gave me a tip to start taking it around early March, and since doing that, I don't feel a thing.

Usually only £6 or so for 6 months worth too :)

Soldato
Might have to try some fexofenadine, flixonase and cetirizine have been keeping it under control so far, but the last few nights my eyes have felt like I've been running sand in them and been waking up nice and crusty :D

Back
Top Bottom