Hayfever - Thread

Associate
Anyone know how the pollen gets into our system in order to create symtoms? Is it only through the nose and eyes or is it also through the mouth?
On the really bad days I've wondered about trying nasal filters or something to see if that helps to block out the worst of it. Also wrap around sunglasses to try and cover the eyes.

I'd gladly wear a full on gas mask all day if it helped stop me sneezing and my eyes itching.

Soldato
Anyone know how the pollen gets into our system in order to create symtoms? Is it only through the nose and eyes or is it also through the mouth?
On the really bad days I've wondered about trying nasal filters or something to see if that helps to block out the worst of it. Also wrap around sunglasses to try and cover the eyes.

I'd gladly wear a full on gas mask all day if it helped stop me sneezing and my eyes itching.
Id imagine its nose and mouth and then your eyes react to the pollen through breathing it in? I find a combo of Beconase and Piriton(the drowsy one, nothing else works) and some Vaseline up the nostrils seems to beat most of it. Got to wait till July/August for it to kick in for me.

It was a billion times worse when I wore contact lenses, since having eye surgery its not half as bad.

Soldato
Been suffering from itchy eyes this week. Get hay fever up to November. If have a dry autumn, the dust from dead leaves go into the air.

Just hope that we don’t have extreme high pollen this year as that caused an asthma attack. Well, my asthma wasn’t brilliant for a couple of months before. The dust and solvent fumes from the refit work at work caused a first attack.

Soldato

I think through the nose and the eyes, a nasal spray may be of help.

Soldato
Itchy eyes and lots of sneezing today. I've been taking antihistamines daily since the start of march as this is the time of year that gets me and this is the first day that has really affected me

Associate
Was gonna get the jab this weekend but looks like our local clinic is closed for the bank holiday weekend so Tuesday it is

Will cost me £150 but last years totally cured me for the summer

Soldato
only place I sneezed yesterday was near sainsbury checkouts where they had easter flowers on display - whether pollen shedding is high on those I don't know, or, it was the ventilation.

Soldato
Anyone here get really fatigued from taking Benadryl (Cetririzine dihydrochloride)?

Been taking them a week to see if they reduced eye irritation compared to the Allevia (fenoxafanadine) I resumed taking again in early March, possibly a fraction better, but today not so good... But then pollen might be increasing again after a few wet days.

Been fighting going back to bed during the day since Monday, strong coffees barely keeping me awake. Bit achy and fatigued too, suggesting a lurgy or long covid flare-up, but crossed my mind that maybe new hayfever tablets might be a cause.

Soldato
Anyone here get really fatigued from taking Benadryl (Cetririzine dihydrochloride)?

Been taking them a week to see if they reduced eye irritation compared to the Allevia (fenoxafanadine) I resumed taking again in early March, possibly a fraction better, but today not so good... But then pollen might be increasing again after a few wet days.

Been fighting going back to bed during the day since Monday, strong coffees barely keeping me awake. Bit achy and fatigued too, suggesting a lurgy or long covid flare-up, but crossed my mind that maybe new hayfever tablets might be a cause.
I've been taking allacan(cetirizine hydrochloride too), no issues and I've even been taking 2 a day due to my allergies being so bad since Saturday

Last edited:
Caporegime

It's not impossible but Cetirizine rarely causes significant fatigue.

Soldato
I'm new into the world of Hayfever :(
I think it started after I got covid last year, but man I have the worst cough, swollen eyes (not wet) and constant runny nose. I've been using Allevia 120mg and that does help but the cough doesn't go away. Is it worth going to a GP?

Soldato
Might have to try some fexofenadine, flixonase and cetirizine have been keeping it under control so far, but the last few nights my eyes have felt like I've been running sand in them and been waking up nice and crusty :D

Been taking Allevia for the last 4 days and it is doing the sum total of SFA...not felt this bad in years :(

Eyes feel like I have cacti in them, nose is like a tap, and my SpO2 has been dropping to 87% overnight and sitting at 93% during the day, feel absolutely drained, like I have flu or something

Back to the cetirizine it is!

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom