**HAZRO HZ27WA & HZ27WC ARRIVING SOON INCLUDING NONE-GLASS VERSIONS!**

Ste

Ste

Soldato
Thanks - I was wondering as although it's no slouch (4.2ghz i7, dual 5870s) I don't think my PC is going to run much at 2560x1440, so it's going to have to cope with some 1920x1080 scaled up. Assume that will be fine via DVI?

Deciding which of the 27" monitors to go for is hard! It's now down to the 1yr warrenty Dell U2711 or the glass Hazro. Hmmmmmmm :)

Soldato
Thanks - I was wondering as although it's no slouch (4.2ghz i7, dual 5870s) I don't think my PC is going to run much at 2560x1440, so it's going to have to cope with some 1920x1080 scaled up. Assume that will be fine via DVI?

Deciding which of the 27" monitors to go for is hard! It's now down to the 1yr warrenty Dell U2711 or the glass Hazro. Hmmmmmmm :)

For it's shortcomings, the Hazro is always worth it over the Dell because of that damned antiglare.

When it's bad enough that people will attempt to remove that layer and risk ruining a brand new monitor, you know it sucks.

Soldato

Your pc will handle games fine at 1440p. I had the u2711 with [email protected], 2gb ram and 5770. Need for speed, f1 2010 and a few other games played fine. Granted crysis didnt like 1440p but that was expected. My dell broke and i sent it back and got refunded. The antiglare made white pages literally sparkle to the point of giving me a headache.

I bought a hazro wc non glass and 480gtx for £560 from here which are being delivered on tuesday. Reviews/threads will be going up on both

Soldato

I'm running a single GTX 470 and it's running well enough.

You should be fine mate, I'm running games like BF:BC2 at 1440, maxed, with the only exception that AA is at x2.
The witcher 2 runs great as well.

You just need to play with AA sometimes, it can make or break cards at 1440 and 1600.

I am looking to upgrade my GPU to an AMD 7xxx or NV 6xx series card, although it depends on which is out first.
If the AMD 7xxx is out early I hope someone with a Hazro monitor buys it and see if it's still suffering from the same AMD card problems ( specially that silly no bios boot one.)

Last edited:

Ste

Ste

Soldato
Hmmm that's reassuring, is 1gb VRAM enough for that resolution then? I don't really care about using AA as a) I suspect the pixel density is quite high and so hides the jaggies okay, and b) I've been playing crysis 2 and MSAA breaks x-fire - so I'm used to it now!

If I did need to play at 1080p for any reason would it scale via the GPU ok?

Associate
Hmmm that's reassuring, is 1gb VRAM enough for that resolution then? I don't really care about using AA as a) I suspect the pixel density is quite high and so hides the jaggies okay, and b) I've been playing crysis 2 and MSAA breaks x-fire - so I'm used to it now!

If I did need to play at 1080p for any reason would it scale via the GPU ok?

I'm pretty sure your set up will play just about every game there is at full resolution on high settings. I have a phenom 2 x4 3.2ghz processor and a 5870 and it plays everything I've chucked at it absolutely fine at full res, and your system is a fair bit better than mine! Your GPU will scale it fine even if you did need to drop to 1080p.

Soldato
My HZ27WC has just arrived. On the box it says IPS LED panel with glare coating (2H)

Does this mean it does use an antiglare coating?

Soldato
My HZ27WC has just arrived. On the box it says IPS LED panel with glare coating (2H)

Does this mean it does use an antiglare coating?

It says that, but if it uses any kind of coating (which I can assume it doesn't) it'll use an anti reflective coating, not an anti glare one.

Anti reflective > anti glare anyways.

(Obligatory lagom black level test plz)

Soldato
Just to add input from an A user:

Seems to scale perfectly in that Lagom test.

Got 2 GTX 470s overclocked to 825/1650/1825 and a i7 920 D0 @ 4.2GHz. 1440P and maxed out settings seems to work well with 4xAA in most games (solid 60FPS). Some are not playable though (Far Cry 2 for instance). AA above 4X causes a big hit so I avoid it usually. Will be upgrading to dual cards from the next gen when they are available.

Ste

Ste

Soldato
Looking at that through a Dell E248 (TN) and 2405 (IPS? VA?) is quite funny - to the untrained eye the colours on the TN monitor are miles better, but the reality is everything is oversaturated and I can't actually see boxes 1-5 on the TN panel unless I'm looking down on it from above, regardless of brightness and contrast settings.

Whether I end up with a 2711 or a Hazro, as long as it's not TN it'll be fine :)

Associate
I just received a glassless Hazro HZ27WD substituting a defective glass HZ27WA (backlight suddenly stopped working after some months). The new screen seems to be ok, no defects found. And without the front glass the reflections are much less annoying, and I can have the room with brighter illumination.

A great screen. The only difference between the A and the D-versiones seem to be the additional display port (and only one VGA-port).

Cheers - Klaus

Associate
Does it also have the issue of the bezel not being flush with the screen klaus?

Yes, there is a 2-3mm wide gap, but it is not very profound, just 1-1,5 mm, so there shouldn't accumulate too much dust there. Not perfect, but not really a problem.

Cheers - Klaus

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom