Hazro series - HZ30Wi, HZ30WiQ, HZ27WA, HZ27WB & HZ27WC

Associate
I see now that both hazro.com and hazro.co.uk domains are not found by my browser. I wonder if they will make an appearance. :confused:

I'm on a notification list for HZ27WC without glass. Will see how that plays out.

EDIT: Yes, I do find it very troubling.

Soldato
It could just be a server issue. Wouldn't look too much into it, but as it happens the Hazro.co.uk domain is controlled by Hazro.com name servers so if the .com servers go down the .co.uk site will too.

Associate
I got my HZ27WC as part of the first batch, but since the PC it was plugged into died after 2 days, only got a proper look at it again today.
Great screen, but there is a huge design fault; i'm using an HQ DVI-D lead (basiscally like any other, but the cable is quite thick). Because of the position of the DVI socket in the plastic frame, the cable just beneath the plug has 2" of space before it hits the raised plastic moulding of the case. There is much more space about 1 inch to the right of the plug where the moulding is 'indented', but what it mesans is, the cable is forced to turn at a tight 45 degrees where it meets the moulding, putting the plug+DVI socket under a *LOT* of pressure. Because it is wall-mounted, turning the screen more than 10 degrees caused the plug to be pulled out due to the tension the cable is under.
This could easily have been solved by placing the DVI socket 1" closser to the the edge of the monitor (ie locating it above the channel in the moulding. I may not be explaining it very well, but anybody with the monitor can take a look at the back & see ewhat i mean. It's prob. not an issue for normal DVI cables, but is really frustrating as it renders my wall mount nearly useless. :(
On a separate topic, what is the screen refresh of the monitor, 30 or 60? (I'd check the website but of course it's not there).

Soldato
I've not checked on the status of all this in a while.....has there been any development on the inf for the monitor? One particular game i can't play on 2560x1440, nothing performance related but it stops me from playing it unless i can lower the res and have it full screen (at the moment it forces itself to scale with 2 black bars down the side which isn't good enough)

Associate
Wanna know how the price for the HZ27WB looks like in Germany or other countries with € as their currency. Hope "hazro" doesn't ignore me now, cuz I'll prolly buy an Eyefinity or Nvidia Surround setup with 3 monitors. The Dell U2711 costs about 600 € here so I'm very curious, if Hazro can beat that, too, like they're doin' in the UK. Shouldn't cost more than 450 € due to the current exchange rate.

Soul'

Associate
I thought the 2 units tested by TFT central were pre-production and not final spec / finish?

They arn't going to send them a bad example with dust and dead pixels tho!
Would be a major own goal !

On the plus side, they arn't all bad. Been running mine for a few weeks now and it's near perfect. really impressed with mine.

All seems quiet on the Hazro subject on this forum?
How are others getting on?

Soldato
All seems quiet on the Hazro subject on this forum?
How are others getting on?

I'm still very annoyed by the strange incompatibility when using nvidia graphics cards. I've got OcUK running a test for me, hopefully they'll be doing that today and i've requested that they communicate with Hazro to try and get an answer for us.

I've also messaged both nvidia and hazro via their websites so i'll see if i get a message back via that route.

Man of Honour
I thought the 2 units tested by TFT central were pre-production and not final spec / finish?

The HZ27WB and HZ27WA were pre-production finished versions with the only differences being that a few small screws would be changed from silver to black and on the HZ27WA the trim was white instead of the final silver colour. The HZ27WC tested was the final retail version, in an assembly line box etc

Man of Honour
I saw the new monitors, I thought "meh" after not getting any contact back from them after multiple communications over the past few months.

The HZ24Wi v2 is the last monitor I own fro them, sexy as hell yes but lack of support = no sale from now on. I'll probably be rocking my 24Wi for many more years, until it dies into the ground.

What's up with the lack of brushed aluminium enclosure and round plastic base? A huge step back in design points IMO, looks like a cheap Acer or something you'd buy off the high street.

Last edited:
Soldato
I got a reply from Hazro today, put simply they're working on the problems like the HDCP compliance on the WC and the nvidia compatibility problems and should hopefully give us some information on here once they have more :) Certainly cheered me up to know that something is being done.

Back
Top Bottom