• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

HD 79xx Prices

Soldato
Is that discount code for one item or for your order total ?

OCUK discount is a joke, i dont even get free shipping, it cost me 13 quid this week and i've been buying from here since 2009 :mad:

i still dont have access to the members marketplace either and that was flipping days ago !

Soldato
OCUK discount is a joke, i dont even get free shipping, it cost me 13 quid this week and i've been buying from here since 2009 :mad:

i still dont have access to the members marketplace either and that was flipping days ago !

Why don't you get free shipping?

WHO QUALIFIES

This offer applies to OcUK Forums members who have 250 or more posts and have been registered for over 90 days,

or OcUK Forums members who have been registered for over 12 months and made at least 100 posts

This offer does NOT apply to Banned or suspended members Members who do not satisfy the qualification requirements above

Soldato
I assume the code is 10 days from when you receive it? So that means 18th-28th which should cover Ivy Bridge?

Didn't think of that. Bonus!

As suspected, this doesn't include TWO items.

So £400 per card as good as it's gonna get with those Sapphire 7970 OC's :(

Soldato
Have you linked your shop and forum accounts?

Try contacting one of the Mods.

waste of time i already have, i dont need to do much more shopping anyway... only the card in AUGUST, even so i'm a bit unhappy about it for sure..

i only spent 30 quid and i was clobbered for an extra 13 quid postage :eek:

aah hang around, i've been suspended a few times so maybe it's this, even so; you lot should not treat regulars like this, because; last time you suspended me i spent my money elsewhere and the other place gave me a good discount too, which they've promised the same for the Graphics card as well..... i've kept their email.

their postage ?......... free with any order over 50 quid

waste of time me moaning, you lot wont listen

Last edited:
Caporegime
OP
@ Mal X

Whatever is going on it's not "us lot" doing it.

It'll be down to the OcUK staff and/or the forum Mods (some people are both).

If you want to know specifically why you don't have free shipping or access to the MM then ask a Mod.

Hopefully they can fix it if something is wrong or explain why you've been denied those things if it's deliberate.

Associate
Well consider he is running Eyefinity and well.....

Thankyou for reading my post!

Yes running bf3 in 5070/1080 eyefinity on a 6950 unlocked, and a 6990 overclocked to 900/1300

Still can't run it acceptably in ultra to my eyes online, I do like a very snappy frame rate for multiplayer. but with everything maxed with aa off it runs fantastic. Am very happy overall. Paid a lot less for similar performance to 2 7970s.

Time to water cool the gpus now as that 6990 is a leaf blower :)

Caporegime
Didn't think of that. Bonus!

As suspected, this doesn't include TWO items.

So £400 per card as good as it's gonna get with those Sapphire 7970 OC's :(

According to Facebook, it's 10% off the entire basket.

"Overclockers UK It's 10% discount off the entire order :)
6 hours ago · Like · 1"

If that's what you meant?

Soldato
waste of time i already have, i dont need to do much more shopping anyway... only the card in AUGUST, even so i'm a bit unhappy about it for sure..

i only spent 30 quid and i was clobbered for an extra 13 quid postage :eek:

aah hang around, i've been suspended a few times so maybe it's this, even so; you lot should not treat regulars like this, because; last time you suspended me i spent my money elsewhere and the other place gave me a good discount too, which they've promised the same for the Graphics card as well..... i've kept their email.

their postage ?......... free with any order over 50 quid

waste of time me moaning, you lot wont listen

Denied for talking too much verbal diarrhoea hopefully.

Caporegime
Hopefully this will prompt NVidia to lower GTX680 prices, price war please. :)

What makes you think either AMD or nVidia are interested in a price war?

Haven't both companies made it abundantly clear lately that they are happier pricing their cards the same, and charging as much as they think they can?

Caporegime
What makes you think either AMD or nVidia are interested in a price war?

Haven't both companies made it abundantly clear lately that they are happier pricing their cards the same, and charging as much as they think they can?

Once most of the people who will buy at £450 are done, they go to £400, once those guys dry up they go to £350.

The simple fact is, that just because you have something for sale doesn't mean people will continually buy them, sales slow down, and the group of people willing to pay £400 a card is absolutely tiny compared to those who will pay £300 which is tiny compared to the group who will pay £250, etc, etc.

At some point cards at £400-450 simply won't sell any more because everyone who wants one at that price, has one, and everyone who won't pay more than £350, is a sale lost while they price is £400.

Caporegime
That's not the same as a price war tho is it, dm. That's just natural devaluation. And if both companies continue to match their prices during this time, it's still not a price war in any way, shape or form.

Soldato
yes there's no price war and there's unlikely to be one, this is the same rip off as your energy providers.... they're all the same, they meet in private and fix the prices!

you'll only get competition if the Chinese decide to start selling cards as well and i really hope they do, but maybe they cant due to legal issues; not sure

isn't it strange that you see no new card released that's miles more powerful than the competition, only slightly more, it's like they're saying, ``it's your turn now to be top dog, then ours, then yours``..... even the monster cards are similar too.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom