Helldivers 2

Man of Honour
I've dipped in a little but as before the drama, "fun nerfs", **** war bonds and too many "Tonka toy" looking armour pieces and not doing anything interesting with helmets, etc. along with an increasingly poor attitude/approach from at least one of the developers has impacted on the fun of the game too much.

Soldato
What's the new warbond like? I do not have enough Super Credits for the moment but not far off.

Wondering if its worth waiting for the next 1 rather than this atm as not playing loads.

Associate
There also needs to be a reason to continue levelling, I would have like to have some form of character development, maybe unlocking skills points etc...

Soldato
The new mission type, despite having some bugs, is pretty mental in a good way. Looking forwards to seeing how it plays out, but I think the completion bug is screwing us on the order progress.

Associate
True! I'm thinking about upgrading/building next PC so it may be one of the first things I get because I enjoyed the first one, evne though this looks totally different :)
The first 50 hours i spent in the game, when you are unlocking new weapons, new stratagems, and experiencing new missions and planets, was probably the most fun i've had in a game in almost a decade. Totally worth it.

Associate
The new mission type, despite having some bugs, is pretty mental in a good way. Looking forwards to seeing how it plays out, but I think the completion bug is screwing us on the order progress.
100%. Better now it is hot patched to remove the bugs spawning right next to the drill but even completing everything it still greys out an objective on extract and gives you one star, really bugged.

I'm trying not to be drawn in by the doom narrative suirrounding the game but they need to not release stuff that isn't finished/is buggy and revert the nerfs. Its PvE for christsakes.

Soldato
100%. Better now it is hot patched to remove the bugs spawning right next to the drill but even completing everything it still greys out an objective on extract and gives you one star, really bugged.

I'm trying not to be drawn in by the doom narrative suirrounding the game but they need to not release stuff that isn't finished/is buggy and revert the nerfs. Its PvE for christsakes.

It's part and parcel of any live service game, people moan, devs make changes, people moan about changes, eventually game dies except to the hardcore crowd. That can however be a fair few years down the line and if you're not 'sweaty' about gaming then you may just roll with it and enjoy it regardless of meta ********.

Last edited:
Soldato
I love playing off meta. Makes the game harder and more enjoyable for me that way. I still run the standard Liberator, the Ajudicator, the Senator (revolver) just because they feel meaty and enjoyable to use.

Play the battle royales if you want to play hyper competitive shooters, but Helldivers with your mates should just be fun :)

Man of Honour

It’s good fun and it’s tough. Personally I want a difficulty 10, something the devs have said they are working on.

The first 50 hours i spent in the game, when you are unlocking new weapons, new stratagems, and experiencing new missions and planets, was probably the most fun i've had in a game in almost a decade. Totally worth it.

Agreed! Some of those final second chaotic jumps onto the pelican were fantastic.

Back
Top Bottom