Helldivers 2

Associate
I think it would be cool if the robots were able to be controlled by players, so became a pvp game mode, with the players vs bugs remaing pve.

There would need to be changes to the maps etc, but I think it would add more scope to the game.

Soldato
I would like to see more 'ambiguous territory' crossovers, where the bugs and automatons are also in conflict, as they spread. I think that would add a very different vibe, and would require a completely different style of play and loadout, as you'd be having to account for both combat styles.

This being said, I'm looking forward to the big patch this week, I've not had much chance to play, however I do still know a number of people still playing, so I definately would like to continue to see the game grow and evolve; when it is working well it is fantastically fun and atmospheric.

At some point, it'd also be really nice if it got some further engine optimisation so the game runs better on a wider range of system; my system is no slouch but the game brings my system to its relative knees at times with fairly heavy GPU AND CPU load, and I've given up trying to run it on the steamdeck, as even with tweaks it just did not feel great at an acceptable resolution.

Man of Honour
At some point, it'd also be really nice if it got some further engine optimisation so the game runs better on a wider range of system; my system is no slouch but the game brings my system to its relative knees at times with fairly heavy GPU AND CPU load, and I've given up trying to run it on the steamdeck, as even with tweaks it just did not feel great at an acceptable resolution.

I assume they have full source of the engine it is built on top of (Autodesk Stingray in its most recent incarnation) but possible they don't. I don't think they have many people who are heavy weight engine developers though onboard. The engine is relatively dated though not terribly so and abandoned by the developer, last updated 2018 IIRC.

I've not had too many problems performance wise personally but I do notice it likes lots of cores even though it doesn't necessarily use them all very well with only about 3 with heavy load and can perform poorly if core limited.

Soldato
new patch, massive changes!

Soldato
Running on difficulty 5 and the spawning was insane.

extraction was covered in mobs in each direction as well as the extraction site so no where to run.

Associate
Anyone else experienced a massive dip in performance with the latest patch was averaging 90fps nearly all the time, now in certain places dropping to 50fps.

Soldato
apparently they're looking into the spawning
hope they are as it does need looking at again!, for the difficulty it was on it should be no where near the amount it was

was getting Helldive amounts of mobs on difficulty 4!

Last edited:
Soldato
Sounds like there’s an actual bug in the system.
I am sure its not the only 1 lol.

Wish they would get the spawning\patrols sorted out as its putting me off playing as its near on impossible to extract. Played a few games on 4 earlier and this seemed ok, maybe ill give 5 another try now its been awhile since the updates been out.

Played an automations 1 earlier where it was so foggy and raining you could not see anything but the automations still had precision aim and could still hit you from quite far away

Last edited:
Soldato
Loving the Spear now :cool: Frequently used to roll with it before, but now it's more common. That being said, I'm sure it used to 1-shot more stuff than it did, but Reddit suggests that it's still as powerful, but does depend where you hit.

Also earned enough super creds to buy the new pack. Don't care for the weapons, but needed that beret !

Back
Top Bottom