Helldivers 2

Man of Honour
Have you ever had the issue where reloading a team mate i.e. the autocannon puts your arms in a random locked position?

You then walk around like you have Cerebral Palsy in your arms for the rest of the match?

I've not reloaded a team mate yet, only resupplied. Most of the games I've played reloading as a team hasn't been practical.

Soldato
I had a similar animation bug yesterday in one match after carrying shells to load the artillery. Every time I reloaded or used a stim... My character would hold their arms out like they were carrying a shell until I switched weapons around or mashed tab a few times to look at the radar!

Soldato
I had a similar animation bug yesterday in one match after carrying shells to load the artillery. Every time I reloaded or used a stim... My character would hold their arms out like they were carrying a shell until I switched weapons around or mashed tab a few times to look at the radar!
Next time it happens, go prone. It’s equal measures hilarious and terrifying.

Soldato
I had a new one last night where i clipped through a ramp after diving but would still take damage. I couldn't get up so was just crawling underneath it until i died :cry:. Team mate was so confused when i suddenly reappeared dead.

Associate
The Sickle energy rifle feels pretty good so far from the new Warbond, likely even better when the cold planets are back open.

The plasma shotgun is a bit weird, seems ok against the bug fodder when they group up, but hit and miss against the bots. I swear the hit box is off for the projectile, I'm constantly shooting through their legs with the outer edge of the projectile seemingly clipping through them, it must be smaller than what it appears to be.

I've not got the arc shotgun yet, but that shouldn't take too long to get.

Soldato
I guess but very few would go to that extent I would have thought.

They could even go as far as every press of "ctrl" key would generate a different combo.

Have to admit it is a pain at times, It's when you are in the thick of it is when it gets ya most. But I feel that;s the whole point of it though.
Honestly without that part of the game it wouldn't be the same at all. I can't ever see myself setting macro to play the game. It adds so much of the enjoyment of trying to scramble to hit the combo whilst in a bind compared to press for this type thing.

Caporegime
Honestly without that part of the game it wouldn't be the same at all. I can't ever see myself setting macro to play the game. It adds so much of the enjoyment of trying to scramble to hit the combo whilst in a bind compared to press for this type thing.

Agreed and i'm really bad at key combo stuff, trying to hit the right combo under pressure is part of the lols for me, i could easily macro them in me KB software, it has an option to record keystrokes in game and then save them as a macro profile on the fly... but nah....

Associate
How long are the missions/objectives or whatever they're called? I quite like the look of this for a quick blast now and again when I've only got a little time to spare.

Associate
Was playing a termicide tower mission last night with 2 randoms. They had both equipped turrets and heavy anti tanks so i brought grenade launcher/rover for smaller crowd control. They were a good bit lower level than me (I'm only 12 tbf) but i think it overwhelmed them at the start and they all quit leaving me with nothing required for the mission solo. Lasted about 15 mins before giving up.

Don't understand how you can do those missions by yourself and guard both sides unless you have turrets everywhere. Was only playing on challenger difficulty too :(

Associate
How long are the missions/objectives or whatever they're called? I quite like the look of this for a quick blast now and again when I've only got a little time to spare.
It depends on the difficulty too - you can have some missions that are 15 minutes and others that are 30-40 like @Thekwango mentioned!

Associate
Was playing a termicide tower mission last night with 2 randoms. They had both equipped turrets and heavy anti tanks so i brought grenade launcher/rover for smaller crowd control. They were a good bit lower level than me (I'm only 12 tbf) but i think it overwhelmed them at the start and they all quit leaving me with nothing required for the mission solo. Lasted about 15 mins before giving up.

Don't understand how you can do those missions by yourself and guard both sides unless you have turrets everywhere. Was only playing on challenger difficulty too :(

I think it's the case with most missions above a certain level, especially when people drop out, the spawns just overwhelm what you can realistically do as one man. Higher difficulty runs just become about avoiding the fights as much as you can and zipping straight to the objectives efficiently.

I've been in a few of those tower missions as well where people are just going about it the wrong way, each tower spawns a few waves of enemies all with their own heavies. If the tower bricks and you have to go again then the waves still come back. For some reason there's people out there that want to split off and try a tower each, it just turns into madness.

Caporegime

I put turrets everywhere, 3 of them, and it is about where you place them, high ground but not far from the tower, try to take out bugs before they are in range of the turrets to save as much ammo in them as you can, that way they are still operational when you actually need them.

Last edited:
Man of Honour
30-40 mins tops.

Most of the missions can be done far quicker than that - if you've got your head around it and/or just go straight at the main objectives can be done in like 6 minutes.

I think it's the case with most missions above a certain level, especially when people drop out, the spawns just overwhelm what you can realistically do as one man. Higher difficulty runs just become about avoiding the fights as much as you can and zipping straight to the objectives efficiently.

I've been in a few of those tower missions as well where people are just going about it the wrong way, each tower spawns a few waves of enemies all with their own heavies. If the tower bricks and you have to go again then the waves still come back. For some reason there's people out there that want to split off and try a tower each, it just turns into madness.

If you have a reasonably good team splitting off can actually work really well - you can have 3 people baiting most of the monsters onto one silo while another does the other 2, just makes the last one a bit challenging but perfectly doable.

Mostly it is about making space for yourself and not getting focussed into the middle of an enemy pack - difficulty 7 or below you can simply sprint off to make space and deal with the smaller stuff so you don't get overwhelmed. I don't personally play above Hard (difficulty 5) with randoms as you need to be more organised than that really to succeed at the higher difficulties and/or you get into groups who try to demand very specific setups to do the mission - for example some will straight up kick you for not having the shield generator pack even if your setup and play style makes up for its benefits.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom