Helldivers 2

Man of Honour
Had a host last night constantly TKing people.

Executed him just before the shuttle to then get kicked but it left without him
Didn't realise he was the host, kicks need to be vote kick.

Am I be unreasonable to say everyone who is lvl 50 already seems an absolute ****?

I saw someone get punished for team killing last night, they decided to kill everyone just before the shuttle left but fortunately I was suspicious and managed to board, then it came up in chat something about they'd been removed from the game for their behaviour - I've not seen it before when people have been griefing.

Last edited:
Caporegime
I saw someone get punished for team killing last night, they decided to kill everyone just before the shuttle left but fortunately I was suspicious and managed to board, then it came up in chat something about they'd been removed from the game for their behaviour - I've not seen it before when people have been griefing.
Iirc it says something like "didn't make the cut" or a few other things when their kicked.

But it's purely the host who has the kick option not automatic or anything.

Soldato
I don't want to get all "PC Master Race" about it but I turned off crossplay the other day and have been finding my games to be more...grown up. Mostly I've found people are more co-operative.

I rarely had any toxicity before (TK's, or chat hostility) it was more people running off on their own, or quitting the game as soon as a we had a few deaths.

Man of Honour
@PinkFloyd - Spent ages last night with a random who was trying to do this with no luck - so many close misses :(

9PdI6JN.png

I don't want to get all "PC Master Race" about it but I turned off crossplay the other day and have been finding my games to be more...grown up. Mostly I've found people are more co-operative.

I rarely had any toxicity before (TK's, or chat hostility) it was more people running off on their own, or quitting the game as soon as a we had a few deaths.

Definitely encounter a lot more toxicity with crossplay on - I just ignore it mostly or just leave the group, PC only doesn't avoid it but definitely far more griefers and time wasters on console :(

Last edited:
Caporegime
Lol got kicked for completing the side objectives solo while the host and his buddies just kept fighting endless hordes at the last objective. Gonna join the disabling cross play crew i think

Last edited:
Soldato
Think I may have to disable cross play also, joined a game last night where the group leader just got in and out of his hellpod, going to his armoury then back in, then realised he was clearly trolling when he selected somewhere to land, about 10 times to then jump back out of the hellpod again. :rolleyes: Would love to know what they get out of it.

Soldato
I must be lucky.

I have had no issues with tking or anyone shooting others when extracting I have have cross play enabled.

Managed to get to 37 today with all stratagems bought and now just working on ship upgrades.

Got the new warbond and on page 2 of this. Just buying the armor\weapons\grenades. Not fussed about the victory stuff and banners etc

Associate
Was playing last night and I'm guessing it must have been the planetary effect in play but it must have doubled the deploy time for all strategems. By the time they came down they were useless at least 50% of the time :D

Soldato
@PinkFloyd - Spent ages last night with a random who was trying to do this with no luck - so many close misses :(

9PdI6JN.png
I was kinda able to cheese it, I was killed, then reinforced. I managed to land on a big rock near a base, and the Charger was just stationary underneath me waiting for me to move, and easy target for a resupply pod! Wasn't even aware there was an achievement for it.
I suspect you could also do it from range with some luck, or by utilising the stun grenades.

Caporegime
Think I may have to disable cross play also, joined a game last night where the group leader just got in and out of his hellpod, going to his armoury then back in, then realised he was clearly trolling when he selected somewhere to land, about 10 times to then jump back out of the hellpod again. :rolleyes: Would love to know what they get out of it.
If you press O and go to recent it shows you if they where PC or console btw

Associate
I swap between playing on PC and on PS5, there are plenty of trolls on both platforms from my experience.

Had a frustrating one the other day when this one guy waited for us all to board the pelican and then killed all 3 of us and left the game, lost all samples etc. so a little annoying.

The one thing I have noticed is that if you're crossplaying from PS5 to PC you often get much longer load times from the hellpods to landing if you end up playing with someone on PC with an older harddrive. All PS5's have a nice speedy SSD but we played with a mate at the weekend who still rocks his 7200rpm mechanical drive and it was like waiting for paint to dry.

Back
Top Bottom