Helldivers 2

Man of Honour
Ah, this I did not know. Thanks for pointing that out.

Performance wise the game runs smoother now than it ever has, between updates and shifting to the latest Radeon drivers I'm now getting 112fps on the ship and around 75-90 in game, where previously it had been around 102 and 70-80 respectively.

Frame rate/smoothness not an issue - I'm getting 120+ FPS, depending on planet some even mostly holding 144FPS, with ultra settings at 1440p.

Soldato
Ah, this I did not know. Thanks for pointing that out.
Every Tuesday at 11pm this happens.

I was on a few weeks ago, me and a few friends all lost connection as we had forgot about this.

As I cannot get on until 10pm most nights I avoid Tuesdays purely because of this as you will loose connection when the maintenance kicks in and loose all your progress with it as well

Man of Honour
Changed my mind a bit on the Quasar - don't generally use it but for a change swapped my setup around it and it made the game a bit easy mode - blatted 3 bile titans in a row like they were nothing - 2 of them agressed on me and a 3rd spawned in just as the first died, though then had a charger run past me, some how slide back and one hit kill me with its back leg...

Soldato
Yeah the quasar is ridic op, really couldn’t understand those earlier thinking it’s balanced. It’s as strong as the Recoilless Rifle yet doesn’t require you to stand still for 5ish seconds reloading it. It might take a little longer between shots, but that extra mobility you get MORE than makes up for it. Plus you can then wear your mates shield pack etc, it’s obscene.

Even if you’re on a hot planet, the extra cool down town doesn’t nerf it hard enough. Should require a backpack to cool it to give it some form of disadvantage.

Soldato
Is anyone finding that when doing the defence missions its not counting towards the major order?

Just done a defence mission and extracted but it does not seem to have counted

Currently done 2 out of 5

Last edited:
Associate
Yeah the quasar is ridic op, really couldn’t understand those earlier thinking it’s balanced. It’s as strong as the Recoilless Rifle yet doesn’t require you to stand still for 5ish seconds reloading it. It might take a little longer between shots, but that extra mobility you get MORE than makes up for it. Plus you can then wear your mates shield pack etc, it’s obscene.

Even if you’re on a hot planet, the extra cool down town doesn’t nerf it hard enough. Should require a backpack to cool it to give it some form of disadvantage.

Shhhh.....the devs might hear you!

Spot on of course, the only time it falls down is in defence missions, particularly against bots as it's hard to stand still while charging a shot without getting pummelled (assuming no shield or it's been blown out). I much prefer the autocannon in that scenario (which is an utter beast of a weapon).

Every Tuesday at 11pm this happens.

I was on a few weeks ago, me and a few friends all lost connection as we had forgot about this.

As I cannot get on until 10pm most nights I avoid Tuesdays purely because of this as you will loose connection when the maintenance kicks in and loose all your progress with it as well

Yeah, this was valuable info as my situation is much the same, I only get to jump on fairly late after my usual evening routine with my kids and other things to sort out first.

And time with my wife of course. She often tries to get in the way of my democratic duty, bloody bug-lover...

Last edited:
Man of Honour
I much prefer the autocannon in that scenario (which is an utter beast of a weapon).

As much as I love the autocannon - against chargers you have to hit it 2-4 times in specific spots, from specific angles to take one down anything like quickly by blowing its armour off or 6-10 indirect shots to peel off its armour or against the unarmoured part. And bile titans generally take 15 odd hits from it to go down. In comparison the Quasar can 1 shot chargers from the front and for whatever reasons sometimes 1 shot titans though generally 2-3 shots. But if you combine the quasar with other stratagem combinations you can easily just chain kill bile titans effortlessly. Ironically bile spewers are more of a chore with that setup - with the autocannon I can despatch a herd of them in seconds, with a quasar setup it takes a lot longer.

Associate
As much as I love the autocannon - against chargers you have to hit it 2-4 times in specific spots, from specific angles to take one down anything like quickly by blowing its armour off or 6-10 indirect shots to peel off its armour or against the unarmoured part. And bile titans generally take 15 odd hits from it to go down. In comparison the Quasar can 1 shot chargers from the front and for whatever reasons sometimes 1 shot titans though generally 2-3 shots. But if you combine the quasar with other stratagem combinations you can easily just chain kill bile titans effortlessly. Ironically bile spewers are more of a chore with that setup - with the autocannon I can despatch a herd of them in seconds, with a quasar setup it takes a lot longer.

It is overall the superior weapon - as you say being able to one-shot chargers and hulks (with a bit of care) alone is phenomenal - but I like at least one person in the squad to carry an autocannon for mid-sized threats like the spewers and rocket devastators. The latter can be a pain to take out from a distance with the Sickle, whereas the autocannon makes short work of them.

What's the plas scorcher like? Bought it yesterday as I was reaching the 250 medals cap and didn't want to lose any (assuming the scorcher is the final weapon in the first battle pack? I forget the names so easily!).

Soldato
Yeah, this was valuable info as my situation is much the same, I only get to jump on fairly late after my usual evening routine with my kids and other things to sort out first.

And time with my wife of course. She often tries to get in the way of my democratic duty, bloody bug-lover...
Same as me, I can sometimes jump on early evening but depends on what others are doing.

My time to play and be left to it is from 10pm when my son is asleep and everything else is done

Man of Honour
Was watching a livestream and considering buying it. It was looking good, just as the streamer gets kicked having lost connection. Great advertisement.

Last edited:
Associate
What a **** night for lost connections and Steam offline crashes. Hard lock on exiting HD to boot.... Game needs serious work because every new patch they break other things

Soldato
Officially least sunny location -Ronskistats
I jumped on first game tonight before the regulars were on and plump for a matchmaking mission. It pairs me to another player about 10 levels lower, as I am forced to board his ship he is the host. He then kicks me which makes me think they need to revisit this aspect of the game. It must be worse when your well into a mission and they have the power to do that also.

Anyway what are people's thoughts on the new warbond gear?

Man of Honour
Was watching a livestream and considering buying it. It was looking good, just as the streamer gets kicked having lost connection. Great advertisement.

Something which is going on quite a bit annoyingly is people kicking near the end so their friends can join to "power level" - I had an odd one last night where I was kicked but matchmaking instantly put me back in the same game with just one of the original players who was laughing on comms to his friends who were now joining about it, then got kicked again.

Man of Honour
May wait a bit then.

Depends a lot if you've got a regular crowd to play with or not - I play a lot overnight so generally have to play with randoms and it brings out the worst in the game, when things are going as they are supposed to it is a blast to play.

Soldato
May wait a bit then.
Probably played 80-90% of my games with randoms - overwhelming majority have been fine regarding host kicking people. Granted I’m only playing a mix of Challenging to Suicide, might well be there’s a lot more toxicity at the max level but I’ve no complaints in the random player department (apart from them sometimes being absolutely gash despite relatively high level but then there’ll be games randoms will think that of me :cry: )

Soldato
Probably played 80-90% of my games with randoms - overwhelming majority have been fine regarding host kicking people. Granted I’m only playing a mix of Challenging to Suicide, might well be there’s a lot more toxicity at the max level but I’ve no complaints in the random player department (apart from them sometimes being absolutely gash despite relatively high level but then there’ll be games randoms will think that of me :cry: )
I've had some great games with randos. No real complaints.

Soldato
same, I have played all my games with randoms (101 hours of game time) and not had any issues with kicking towards the end.

If I have been kicked due to them not wanting me in the team its been from the ship or after a game has finished

Man of Honour
same, I have played all my games with randoms (101 hours of game time) and not had any issues with kicking towards the end.

If I have been kicked due to them not wanting me in the team its been from the ship or after a game has finished

At what difficulty level? about half my game time has been up to difficulty 5-6 or so and didn't see much of it, but the rest at helldive I've encountered a bit of it, it is more the minority but still.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom