Hello All....Official Gigabyte Support Rep

Associate
OP
Hi, Giga rep :)

I want my next build to have a Z68 board.

I am very intrested in the UD4, but has no VGA/DVI/HDMI port. Apparently a UD4XP model is due for release with a HDMI port on it. Is this true and when is its release date?

Thanks

There is indeed a new model, the Z68XP-UD4 will have all the features you wanted and will be on sale in the next few weeks.

Associate
OP
I have a question:

When will we see the Gigabyte GA-Z68-Gaming in the UK?

gagaming.jpg

This will be avalible in about a month or two max

Associate
Hello giga- man, i own a gama770t ud3p board,my northbridge temps go up to about 84*c,i since put a small fan on and temps are a constant 78*c, i also changed the thermal compound,are these temps normal?

Associate
OP
What he said, really ^^

I like the idea of onboard GPU for every day use, and pretty impressive video transcoding, but still have plenty of need for a discrete gfx card for gaming and mining !
Gigabyte Z68 boards were crossed right off my list for this most recent upgrade, simply on the grounds they did not have video outputs (and therefore Virtu), leaving a toss-up between Asus and AsRock......no skin of my nose, but missed opportunity for Gigabyte, methinks, for other like-minded buyers ? Shame, as have liked previous Gigabyte board owned (K8NXP-SLI, way back when !)

Hi

Gigabyte is catering for all aspects of the market on Z68 lines as you can see we have many lines available to offer, we have many options on Z68 available for you to buy with or without the VGA option. Some people dont want to pay more for the VGA option when it wont be used. Very soon we will have the XP codes live that does come with the VGA option on the high end boards.

OCUK will be getting the stocks as soon as they land and we will make sure all of the forum members are updated.

Hope this clears your question up and have a great day…

Many thanks

Giga-man

Associate
Currently we are working on a possible UEFI BIOS for our products but it will be some time before we are happy with the final result.

Will this be available to current Z68 customers (ie. me :rolleyes:) as a BIOS update? Or just on later revision/model boards?

There is indeed a new model, the Z68XP-UD4 will have all the features you wanted and will be on sale in the next few weeks.

I (mistakenly) thought "P" referred to the mSATA port, and didn't realise Gigabyte were releasing higher-end mobos with VGA/HDMI etc. Hence I bought my UD3H as soon as it was available, otherwise I would have held on for a Z68XP-UD3P/UD4. Having said that, I'm 95% happy with the UD3H - the 5% is for the 7-phase VRM, which is a bit lame for OC'ing (or maybe my 2500K is a poor one??). Apart from the outdated BIOS, it's a great board for the money. :)

Associate
OP
Hello giga- man, i own a gama770t ud3p board,my northbridge temps go up to about 84*c,i since put a small fan on and temps are a constant 78*c, i also changed the thermal compound,are these temps normal?

They are OK. Don't worry about northbridge temps, the chipsets are designed to withstand such level. BTW what software do you use for checking it?

The response on Gigabyte's own forums is much better. Can't expect them to be everywhere now.

most of the threads are by non gigabyte staff on that forum , very rare you will see anybody from gigabyte tbh . i also visit that forum and have asked for help in the past and was help by a normal user and not by gigabyte staff:rolleyes::D;)

It's because GIGABYTE Forum is the community of Gigabyte users who help each other and exchange opinions there. This is major purpose of this forum.
But you will meet my co-worker runn3R there too :)

Associate
OP
Hi chaotic_uk & rolypolyman

Don't worry about these bioses. If there are available at our website then it means they should be rock stable (even marked as beta).

Hi ProjectVRD

Please don't mix UEFI with GUI driven UEFI. We already have UEFI on some of our MB's through Hybrid EFI Technology (providing 3TB+ HDD support) inside our BIOS. Regarding GUI driven UEFI we are working on it as I already mentioned.

If anyone wants GUI to change BIOS settings then we have Touch BIOS for him. It's available now for Z68 chipset based motherboards users.

Soldato
We already have UEFI on some of our MB's through Hybrid EFI Technology (providing 3TB+ HDD support) inside our BIOS.

Are you sure that is a proper native UEFI solution though conforming to the UEFI specs? I always assumed it was the classic award bios with some kind of EFI shell workaround to get 2.2TB+ hdd support.

Soldato
I thought it was a UEFI BIOS, just with the Award interface on top, and not a flashy GUI. Doesn't make much difference what it is anyway, the 2.2TB+ support works at least.

Back
Top Bottom