Helphire question

Soldato
I found Helphire to be a useless shower of ****.

About 7 months after the accident I got a call to say they had a cheque here for me, and all I needed to do was speak to the solicitor they had involved and say my neck hurt. At this point I was livid, not only had they not contacted me to say my claim had been settled in my favour, but they had gone ahead and made a personal injury claim anyway.

The woman on the end of the phone was completely gobsmacked that I didnt want the money. I told her again that I had not instructed them to claim, that I would not tell an outright lie to obtain the money and told them where to stick their cheque and to send me out proof that the accident had been settled in my favour so I could get my NCB back.

Still makes me angry to this day the way they acted. Sure the accident wasnt my fault, but I still feel bad for the old git that pulled out on me as not only has his insurance gone up for causing the accident, it will have been pushed up further by Helphire making a personal injury claim on my behalf without my permission :mad::mad:

Heh, two months after they refused to help the wife with her accident claim they rang up asking if they could proceed with a personal injury claim for her. gtfo!

Suspended
OP
£25 and I'm your witness.

:)

A witness has stated I had my indicator on....

Errm i was behind a 206 turning OUT of the slip road further up ther road. Im sure it canceled and from there view Im sure they wouldnt have been able to see my LH indicator through a 206 (silver aswell) anyway :confused:

Apparently there was a court case that set a precedant that this will gprobably go 1/3 2/3 in my favour as I 'mislead' her.... Proper WTF. I think my solictior is sending a letter our, surely suggesting such a settlement is me admitting liability?

Im a biff miffed and somewhat ****** off TBH. :(

Suspended
OP
Help hire have been useless. Ive had people calling me to contact Esure even though ive got letters saying they are dealing with it. Then i ring esure and they say helphire have already been in contact.

I called this afternoon 'Sorry sir, were only hiring you the car, nothing else' until i mentioned it was potentially a write off 'Oh thats why its not being repaired then'. Helphire are the ones who got the car collected and taken to the repairer in the first place :s

Soldato
A witness has stated I had my indicator on....

Errm i was behind a 206 turning OUT of the slip road further up ther road. Im sure it canceled and from there view Im sure they wouldnt have been able to see my LH indicator through a 206 (silver aswell) anyway :confused:

Apparently there was a court case that set a precedant that this will gprobably go 1/3 2/3 in my favour as I 'mislead' her.... Proper WTF. I think my solictior is sending a letter our, surely suggesting such a settlement is me admitting liability?

Im a biff miffed and somewhat ****** off TBH. :(

I don't actually understand why she would say your indicator was on.

And, in fact - so what if it was? So f'in what? That makes it ok to turn in front of you does it?

WTF. I'm totally confused as to how this is some kind of way out.

Man of Honour
If you were indicating, perhaps without realising, it might explain why she pulled out. Still dont see how it makes it your fault though?

Suspended
OP
I don't actually understand why she would say your indicator was on.

And, in fact - so what if it was? So f'in what? That makes it ok to turn in front of you does it?

WTF. I'm totally confused as to how this is some kind of way out.

I need to find out about this court case.

Do i need to stop the offer my solictor is making? the 33% could be 1% it still means im admitting some fault.

Suspended
OP
[TW]Fox;12972400 said:
If you were indicating, perhaps without realising, it might explain why she pulled out. Still dont see how it makes it your fault though?

Yeah i come off the M40, the width + a bit of a motorway she pulls across me after i have come over the brow of a slightly curving left road. To make the turn i would have to do a 270 degree turn at about 40 mph, very improbably in the dry.

Soldato
[TW]Fox;12972400 said:
it might explain why she pulled out.

Seeing someone indicate doesn't make them no longer there, you still have to wait for them to be out of the way before you make your move. It doesn't matter whether they're indicating or not - they're still there.

Man of Honour
Do i need to stop the offer my solictor is making? the 33% could be 1% it still means im admitting some fault.

Damn straight you do - if that offer goes through, her insurers will pay 66% of the claim and yours will pay 33% - so it'll go down as a claim against you.

Suspended
OP
[TW]Fox;12972457 said:
Damn straight you do - if that offer goes through, her insurers will pay 66% of the claim and yours will pay 33% - so it'll go down as a claim against you.

The problem is:

a) independant witness
b) court case where judge ruled 33% 66% in a similar case.

THe offer is without prejudice.

Man of Honour
Find this court case and read about it before you instruct anyone to do anything. You will probably find the case is about some duffer driving towards a junction or indicating on a roundabout who then changed his mind, carried on and crashed into somebody who pulled out thinking he was turning off.

Far from what happened with you. Your indicator was simply on from joining the road a little further up.

Soldato
I'm with Fox on this, avoid accepting any blame because the claim will cost you hundreds in insurance for years.

No way can the indicator thing stand up - I'm sure in the highway code it'll tell you not to act on that and ensure the path is clear before moving.

Man of Honour
If you stick to your story that the indicator was on for a few seconds following its legitimate use as you joined the road further up from the scene of the accident I cannot see how a judge can find it anything but in your favour.

Suspended
OP
[TW]Fox;12972663 said:
If you stick to your story that the indicator was on for a few seconds following its legitimate use as you joined the road further up from the scene of the accident I cannot see how a judge can find it anything but in your favour.

I 'mislead' her. This is sooooooo frustrating. My insurance co. is saying my policy doesnt have an agreed value endorsment on either. Seriously WTF

Back
Top Bottom