Hermes (now rebranded to EVRi)! Why are they so good?!

Soldato
Yesterday, on Amazon, ordered two items at 9:30am.

Delivered at 3:20pm same day!

The quickest delivery from Amazon ever.

The nearest Amazon warehouse is 16 miles away

Amazon are building new facilities like crazy across the U.K. this is the model their going for sand day delivery. It’s amazing how many items you can get same day now and this is only going to continue. People will pay more for items quicker. People are generally impatient sods and want everything now.

Soldato
Amazon are building new facilities like crazy across the U.K. this is the model their going for sand day delivery. It’s amazing how many items you can get same day now and this is only going to continue. People will pay more for items quicker. People are generally impatient sods and want everything now.
People are getting impatient in all walks of life. Some tut and sigh if they queue up for 40 seconds. Probably queuing for 40 mins in late March - June 2020 (All of July for me for the farce of the Leicester lockdown) has caused this.

Caporegime
Second evri complaint in a month.
Taken nearly 2 weeks on a 2 day service. Last time it was locker collection that was slow.

This time it's been 5 days at hub and at delivery depot.

For context I've sent about 10 items since December.
2/10 isn't great!

uVlUSrrl.jpg

Last edited:
Soldato
My Evri parcel which was due to arrive before Xmas still never arrived and eBay refunded me. I then ordered the same item from a different seller who also turned out to use Evri and the parcel failed to show when it was supposed to. So eBay refunded me again. Fast forward another week or so and eventually the second parcel turns up out of the blue so in the end I got it for free.

Fair compensation having to put up with eBay sellers using Evri I think. :)

Soldato
My Evri parcel which was due to arrive before Xmas still never arrived and eBay refunded me. I then ordered the same item from a different seller who also turned out to use Evri and the parcel failed to show when it was supposed to. So eBay refunded me again. Fast forward another week or so and eventually the second parcel turns up out of the blue so in the end I got it for free.

I had the same - they lost the order so I got a refund and then it turned up 6 weeks later.

Have a current 2 day order that still hasn't arrived over a week later.

They are absolutely ****.

Associate

The seller is out of pocket though and it's not their fault Evri lost it for a while, you should inform the seller that it showed up and give them the option to collect it.

Associate
No seller should have claimed against evri.
The claim will get rejected if it has been delivered now, they said it was delivered "another week or so" after eBay refunded them which isn't enough time to have completed a compensation claim. Standard compensation is a measly £20 anyway.

Last edited:
Soldato
Is there no end to how **** Evri are?

Bought something from Ebay.

Parcel posted on 09/01, all fine until 12/01, when "We're sorry, your parcel has been delayed."

Nothing else until 13/02: "Your parcel is being sorted at the senders local depot"

By this time of course Ebay has already issued a refund.

15/02: "Your parcel has been delivered and signed for at the delivery address"

Er.... no it hasn't. I've been WFH all day, my office overlooks the drive/front door, and there have been no attempted deliveries. Checked CCTV around the logged time on the off chance I've missed it, and nope, nothing at all.

Try to view full tracking details and the postcode isn't accepted. Then I notice that the web page shows the wrong tracking no... Of course the Ebay seller is now adamant that I've received it, and is getting really ***** off, because their compensation is being declined as tracking shows it's delivered :mad:

I'm guessing ultimately there's nothing the seller can do, as the Evri tracking doesn't show where it was delivered? Just that it was delivered to "the delivery address".

Either way, I've raised a complaint with them, just waiting for a call now.

Last edited:
Soldato
Is there no end to how **** Evri are?

Bought something from Ebay.

Parcel posted on 09/01, all fine until 12/01, when "We're sorry, your parcel has been delayed."

Nothing else until 13/02: "Your parcel is being sorted at the senders local depot"

By this time of course Ebay has already issued a refund.

15/02: "Your parcel has been delivered and signed for at the delivery address"

Er.... no it hasn't. I've been WFH all day, my office overlooks the drive/front door, and there have been no attempted deliveries. Checked CCTV around the logged time on the off chance I've missed it, and nope, nothing at all.

Try to view full tracking details and the postcode isn't accepted. Then I notice that the web page shows the wrong tracking no... Of course the Ebay seller is now adamant that I've received it, and is getting really ***** off, because their compensation is being declined as tracking shows it's delivered :mad:

I'm guessing ultimately there's nothing the seller can do, as the Evri tracking doesn't show where it was delivered? Just that it was delivered to "the delivery address".

Either way, I've raised a complaint with them, just waiting for a call now.
Good luck with that. I complained to the Chief Exec and it still got delegated to the plebs to deal with. In the end, my item got sent back to the US, they washed their hands of the matter entirely and referred me back to the retailer :rolleyes:

Associate
I ordered some trainers from SportsDirect yesterday afternoon. Paid £4.99 for standard delivery (I know they use EVRi) in 3-5 days.

EVRi delivered 10 minutes ago. Can't fault that :cool:

Back
Top Bottom