Hermes (now rebranded to EVRi)! Why are they so good?!

Soldato
OP
Amazon are building new facilities like crazy across the U.K. this is the model their going for sand day delivery. It’s amazing how many items you can get same day now and this is only going to continue. People will pay more for items quicker. People are generally impatient sods and want everything now.

We had a young couple next door with a 3 yr old and she was continuosly screeming I WANT IT NOWWWWW.

Thank god they were only here for 2 yrs. The whole street let out a long sigh.

Caporegime
We had a young couple next door with a 3 yr old and she was continuosly screeming I WANT IT NOWWWWW.

Thank god they were only here for 2 yrs. The whole street let out a long sigh.
I think people like myself, who couldn't care less if something takes 3-4 days to arrive, are becoming the minority! Heck, make that a week if I can track the thing and be confident it's not lost in the post.

Today, people seem to place a lot of value on being able to impulse buy something and have it the same day. I must admit I have no idea why.

Soldato
I ordered some trainers from SportsDirect yesterday afternoon. Paid £4.99 for standard delivery (I know they use EVRi) in 3-5 days.

EVRi delivered 10 minutes ago. Can't fault that :cool:

The problem with SportsDirect is even if you pay the extra for next day delivery it's still not guaranteed to come next day. It's still sent out with all the other Evri stuff in the same way.

Soldato
Amazon are building new facilities like crazy across the U.K. this is the model their going for sand day delivery. It’s amazing how many items you can get same day now and this is only going to continue. People will pay more for items quicker. People are generally impatient sods and want everything now.

I read in one of the local rags this week that Amazon are building another new place in the North East and the rag were praising it for creating 3000 new jobs. They obviously don't realise that the jobs are all just temp zero hour agency jobs. :o

Soldato
We've always done well with Evri but we must have someone new taking over the area which means that anything delievered has a times lot of 7-9pm and it's very rare that that is hit. The other day we had a delivery turn up at 10:15pm, just dumped on the doorstep and run. Meh.

Associate
The problem with SportsDirect is even if you pay the extra for next day delivery it's still not guaranteed to come next day. It's still sent out with all the other Evri stuff in the same way.
Oh, I'd never pay for next day delivery from SD. I resent paying for delivery, especially when some competitors offer it for free.

Soldato
Oh, I'd never pay for next day delivery from SD. I resent paying for delivery, especially when some competitors offer it for free.
information is a bit old as i've been away from Hermes a while now but hermes treat all their parcels as next day parcels in terms of delivery expectations with their drivers.

Ie the parcels are all marked up Nday 2 day 3 day but the couriers are expected to deliver or attempte to deliver at least every parcel on the day it arrives in the delivery unit.

Soldato
Do people generally find that Evri is better even though its the same company?

My experience thus far has been the same as before, still utter dog sheet.

Back
Top Bottom