Holidays 2022

Soldato
Really hoping to go to England sometime this summer to drive my mother to go see her brother & his family who lives in Northampton.

I should have planned to of done it this week as am off work this week but it to late now..

Don
Had a week in Vegas and then 24 nights in Thailand already so that's left me a bit short of hold for year

Lanzarote for a week next month and a week in Barbados in Sept, anything else is going to take some creative tactics ;)

Soldato
Still very undecided on what stupid o clock I need to get to Manchester in Sept.

My friend flew from Birmingham over the weekend to Kos. She still finds it puzzling why do people think they can still think they can take 2l bottles of water/soft drinks and 400ml bottles of shampoo in their hand luggage or not have their liquids in a clear resealable bag? The rule was introduced in the summer of 2006.

The last times I flew out in 2019, I heard people shout that they have rights to bring their 2 litre bottle of Coke with them. You don't. Only things you can take over 100ml are baby food, baby milk and medication (with a letter)

Soldato
Still very undecided on what stupid o clock I need to get to Manchester in Sept.

My friend flew from Birmingham over the weekend to Kos. She still finds it puzzling why do people think they can still think they can take 2l bottles of water/soft drinks and 400ml bottles of shampoo in their hand luggage or not have their liquids in a clear resealable bag? The rule was introduced in the summer of 2006.

The last times I flew out in 2019, I heard people shout that they have rights to bring their 2 litre bottle of Coke with them. You don't. Only things you can take over 100ml are baby food, baby milk and medication (with a letter)
My Aunt went back to Jersey from Manchester a few weeks back, Monday mid morning flight, think it took her about 2.5-3 hours to get through to the gate.

one would hope that situation has improved dramatically by Sept.

exit : although doesn’t seem to have improved yet https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-manchester-61564710

Man of Honour
Its the usual for us, Banff in Canada, for the last 2 weeks of December and the first week of January. Cant beat Christmas and New Year in the snowy Rocky Mountains

Caporegime
Flying to Cancun in 3 weeks and North America in July.

Dreading it tbh, Manchester Airport keeps getting really bad press for people queuing out of the terminals.

Soldato
Road trip 2020.

Road trip 2020

Road trip 2021, Scotland was late last year when i picked up the M5Comp..

Road Trip 2021

Road trip 2022 TBC. But looks like Biblao, Northern spain round to portugal then down towards Lisbon. Then a week in villa in Southern spain before Madrid and over to the Pyrenees for some decent roads/Views.
Last 2 Road trips were in the X3/X5 now its the M5's turn. wont be as comfy and Will be more expensive (fuel) But it most certainly should be more fun

Soldato
We're off to Spain in September. Combination of visiting my parents who live over there and also we're looking at moving over there and so would be good to shortlist a few specific areas. Hopefully can get a good mix of relaxing, researching, boozing and running/paddleboarding.

Soldato
Any clear on exactly what is required for USA travel re tests?? Going on 30th June.

Having read CDC/Gov.uk websites - it's not clear (to me anyway) what sort of test is required....

Taken from CDC
"What You Need to Know If you plan to travel internationally, you will need to get a COVID-19 viral test (regardless of vaccination status or citizenship) no more than 1 day before you travel by air into the United States. You must show your negative result to the airline before you board your flight."
All air passengers 2 years or older with a flight departing to the US from a foreign country at or after 12:01am EST (5:01am GMT) on December 6, 2021, are required show a negative COVID-19 viral test result taken no more than 1 day before travel, or documentation of having recovered from COVID-19 in the past 90 days, before they board their flight. Air passengers will also be required to confirm in the form of an attestation that the information they present is true.

So is that a standard LFT home test for the 4 of us (kids 11/14) - then sign a form at airport saying we are negative??
OR
Do I still need to do some kind of supervised online test and if so any pointers??

Soldato
Any clear on exactly what is required for USA travel re tests?? Going on 30th June.

Having read CDC/Gov.uk websites - it's not clear (to me anyway) what sort of test is required....

So is that a standard LFT home test for the 4 of us (kids 11/14) - then sign a form at airport saying we are negative??
OR
Do I still need to do some kind of supervised online test and if so any pointers??

Not normally, you usually need to take a LFT from a provider that will provide you a certificate from a medical professional saying you are negative or a PCR test with certificate.

Edit: I missed the end bit. I got a LFT from Randox before, and once you did the test at home, you take a photo of it within the Randox app and a medical professional issues you a certificate within the app before midnight the same day. Also note that this was for other countries and not the USA but it seems quite a common policy

Last edited:
Associate
Not normally, you usually need to take a LFT from a provider that will provide you a certificate from a medical professional saying you are negative or a PCR test with certificate.

Edit: I missed the end bit. I got a LFT from Randox before, and once you did the test at home, you take a photo of it within the Randox app and a medical professional issues you a certificate within the app before midnight the same day. Also note that this was for other countries and not the USA but it seems quite a common policy

It has to be a supervised LFT for the USA i.e a provider that either does the test in person or via a video link. Anytime the day before i.e doesnt have to be exactly within 24 hours of the flight.

Associate
Currently enjoying a couple of weeks in Cyprus. Villa, pool, sea, sun (28-30 degrees every day), bit of scuba diving. nice restaurants. What's not to like :D Shame we've only got 4 days left though - could happily stay longer

Soldato
Krakow for the Jubilee weekend, North west US and Canada in Aug/Sept, Hamburg in December. Earlier in the year we went to Florida and Brussels.

Gonna be nice to have some trips without any travel restrictions, and hopefully the US drop theirs in time for the August trip.

Back
Top Bottom