Login incorrect
ha login: root
Login incorrect
bash-5.1# login
ha login: admin
Password:
Login incorrect

That's using the credentials I use to login to DSM

Ok, i'm rolling. Gave up using the docker terminal from within DSM...just enabled ssh on the nas and now i'm in. Running the scripts to get hacs installed and there's no zip on a synloogy, just 7z. More googling to work out how to do that and gave up.

In the end this thread solved it for me. I could manually download the hacs zip and reading the scripts workled out where they should be extracted to.

https://www.synology-forum.nl/firmware-algemeen/error-unzip-is-not-installed-via-ssh-op-ds/15/ I ca't understand a word of Dutch. :)

I can't remember if it is fanless or not, it's really slim so I assume it's not. It's rated at 35w so over a month, roughly 26kWh if maxed. For the Coral, I have the USB version which took about 8 months to actually get it.
Thanks, as I want to use HA to collect temperature data rather than automate the home the running costs are a big factor. With a Pi4 drawing 5W, so let's say 10W at the plug allowing for an inefficient power supply... the cheapness of a second hand device still saves enough to cover the energy usage I guess :D

Just curious what issues you've had with the conbee2?

I switched from a Conbee II this week to a Sonoff Zigbee 3.0 (the later ‘E’ model). I found with my Conbee when I hit over 50 devices, occasionally I had small issues with commands not being sent. One example being the 4 GU10 Hue bulbs in the kitchen, I would often find one or two still turned on after they’d all been turned off. It’s not happened since switching but it’s only been a couple of days so far.

Ok, i'm rolling. Gave up using the docker terminal from within DSM...just enabled ssh on the nas and now i'm in. Running the scripts to get hacs installed and there's no zip on a synloogy, just 7z. More googling to work out how to do that and gave up.

In the end this thread solved it for me. I could manually download the hacs zip and reading the scripts workled out where they should be extracted to.

https://www.synology-forum.nl/firmware-algemeen/error-unzip-is-not-installed-via-ssh-op-ds/15/ I ca't understand a word of Dutch. :)
Glad you got it sorted - apologies, that's what I thought you meant originally - missed the docker part. I must confess I've never quite grasped Docker myself - I know it's meant to make everything easy, but seems to introduce more complexity to me - like above!

Anyway, you're away! ;)

Glad you got it sorted - apologies, that's what I thought you meant originally - missed the docker part. I must confess I've never quite grasped Docker myself - I know it's meant to make everything easy, but seems to introduce more complexity to me - like above!

Anyway, you're away! ;)

Docker is pretty amazing. I'm not really a fan of docker terminal, but when you have something like unraid where it's implemented really well, it makes it so easy to use. I have 30 or more containers running now it’s brilliant.

Anyway, you're away! ;)

Ok, how do I get my solar generation numbers into pvoutput?

I've followed that and then I get to step 4. I feel step 4 and 5 need several more steps as for a n00b like me i'm completely lost. :(

Is anyone exposing HA over the internet without the 60 quid a year sub?
There a few different ways of doing this. Cloudflare or DucKDNS seem the most popular.

I've followed that and then I get to step 4. I feel step 4 and 5 need several more steps as for a n00b like me i'm completely lost. :(

Step 4.

Message malformed: extra keys not allowed @ data['shell_command']

Hi John,

No worries - probably the quickest way is to just add it to your configuration.yaml file. Do you know where this is? (I can walk you through if not).

Below is what I have in my configuration.yaml file - just paste it right at the bottom and change the bits in caps to your ID and API Key

Code:
## Solar Output to PV Output
shell_command:
  pvoutputcurl: >
    curl -d "d={{now().strftime("%Y%m%d")}}"
         -d "t={{now().strftime("%H:%M")}}"
         -d "v1={{ (states('sensor.pv_energy_today') | float * 1000)  | int }}"
         -d "v2={{ states('sensor.pv_power') }}"
         -d "v6={{ states('sensor.grid_voltage') }}"
         -H "X-Pvoutput-SystemId: MY SYSTEM ID"
         -H "X-Pvoutput-Apikey: MY API KEY IN HERE"
         https://pvoutput.org/service/r2/addstatus.jsp

Last edited:
Docker is pretty amazing. I'm not really a fan of docker terminal, but when you have something like unraid where it's implemented really well, it makes it so easy to use. I have 30 or more containers running now it’s brilliant.
Yeah I know it's almost certainly me! Just never had the time to dig in/get my head around it - maybe partly as it's solving a problem I don't have, everything runs flawlessly as it is for me! One day I'll get a quiet moment - however today I'm adding all the Home Assistant sensors/controls for our new Tesla! Absolutely amazing range of controls/sensors it has for HA!

Yeah I know it's almost certainly me! Just never had the time to dig in/get my head around it - maybe partly as it's solving a problem I don't have, everything runs flawlessly as it is for me! One day I'll get a quiet moment - however today I'm adding all the Home Assistant sensors/controls for our new Tesla! Absolutely amazing range of controls/sensors it has for HA!

Oh wow. I'm not jealous at all.

Hi John,

No worries - probably the quickest way is to just add it to your configuration.yaml file. Do you know where this is? (I can walk you through if not).

Below is what I have in my configuration.yaml file - just paste it right at the bottom and change the bits in caps to your ID and API Key

Code:
shell_command:
         -d "v1={{ (states('sensor.pv_energy_today') | float * 1000)  | int }}"
         -H "X-Pvoutput-SystemId: MY SYSTEM ID"
         -H "X-Pvoutput-Apikey: MY API KEY IN HERE"
Thank you. Apologies got stuff going on in here and in the solar thread.

I’ll play when I get home later and keep questions going forward here.

Copied your bits and no luck.

So changed the sensors and still get the errors

This is from the PVOutput icon under intergrations.

Retrying setup: PVOutput has no data available

My Shell Command

shell_command:
-d "v1={{ (states('sensor.powerwall_site_import') | float * 1000) | int }}"
-d "v2={{ states('sensor.powerwall_solar_now') }}"
-d "v6={{ states('sensor.powerwall_site_now') }}"
-H "X-Pvoutput-SystemId: ID"
-H "X-Pvoutput-Apikey: API"

Copied your bits and no luck.

So changed the sensors and still get the errors

This is from the PVOutput icon under intergrations.

Retrying setup: PVOutput has no data available

My Shell Command

shell_command:
-d "v1={{ (states('sensor.powerwall_site_import') | float * 1000) | int }}"
-d "v2={{ states('sensor.powerwall_solar_now') }}"
-d "v6={{ states('sensor.powerwall_site_now') }}"
-H "X-Pvoutput-SystemId: ID"
-H "X-Pvoutput-Apikey: API"
Ok start with the silly questions - are you inserting your correct ID and API in above? (Just checking you're not copying and pasting directly!)

I'd imagine this error means it's working fine, but there's nothing coming from your PV integration - apologies, remind me what your solar setup is again?

Above is pointing to a sensor called sensor.powerwall_solar_now and so on, so it might be you've got a different brand?

If you look at my example above, it's using the generic Home Assistant energy values:

shell_command:
-d "v1={{ (states('sensor.pv_energy_today') | float * 1000) | int }}"
-H "X-Pvoutput-SystemId: KATIES_PVOUTPUTID"
-H "X-Pvoutput-Apikey: KATIES_API"

Quickest test is to see if you actually have a sensor called this (this is step 3)

Let me know if you're stuck and we can step through it

Last edited:
Silly questions are fine, i'm out of my depth here :)

My Solar setup is "dumb" so I can't get anything from my inverter. However I do have a full myenergi setup and a powerwall. In the example above I used the (i think) right powerwall sensors to replace the ones you'd given me in the example.

Back
Top Bottom