Homeworld 3 - Released 13th May 2024 (early access 10th May)

I’m planning to go in pretty ‘cold’ so I’ve not been following the dev updates. I spotted the remastered collection was free on epic this week and it reminded me this was coming!

Kinda happy with that, it shows they care for the end product. Really high hopes for this.
so long as its not another star citisan im ok with it :D

to be fair, it might be costing them a fair amount of money short term, but the back lash of a bad launch can have dramtic effects profits and stock prices i.e. Cyberpunk / No Mans Sky
to name only 2 recent projects which are high profile (not including S.C.). Plus there doesnt appear to be much launching in Febuary so stratigicaly thats a good move also, we have BG3/Star Field releasing along with Cyber Punk all in close proximity which are time sinks, people will be looking so something new by Febuary (differant Genre i know but case still stands).

they know if they mess up its not just the company but the franchise people new and old will remember the last game they played HW3 and if its bad will soar their memories of the originals.

they are clearly smart on the marketing though
new mobile game
remaster free on epic
update to remaster on steam to pester you to wishlist 3....

Just picked up homeworld 1 & 2 from Epic for free, is better to play through 1 or go stright to 2 ?

One and then two IMO.

The music in Homeworld is actually epic, I might give them all a play through in the run up to next year including deserts of karak, I don’t have cataclysm but I’ll have to see if I can get hold of it.

Deserts of karak is definitely recommended once you have played the originals. It’s a land based RTS and set as a prequel to Homeworld.

Remastered was free on epic for a week, it ended yesterday

While I would say it’s worth the full asking price, it will likely be on steam sales next time round. Pretty much all back catalog games are.

Last edited:
Another vid of the gameplay footage.

Not sure I'm a fan of the UI. It's taking up half the screen. Unit formations only has two buttons one being a reset, forcing you to cycle through all formations available until you get to the one you want. Someone said the answer and I hope it's wrong but it fits perfectly. The UI is designed for mobiles and touch interfaces.

I wouldn’t say the UI is designed for mobile and touch, sure it’s simplified but that’s the way of the modern world. It makes it more accessible at the end of the day.

I’ve got no idea how anyone would have any prospect of playing a game like this on mobile or touch!

f keys iirc used to change formations in the older games might be the same in the new one at least using classic controls which has the option iirc.

Back
Top Bottom