Horizon: Forbidden West

Soldato
They are so frustrating i do the button combo as described and most of the time get the wrong combo message :mad:
I don't think I have successfully done a combo move yet. Really frustrating me the combat it was enjoyable in the first game because you could pick the machines apart now you're forced to do melee.

Soldato
Not being able to compare weapons is driving me insane as well, impossible to see if a new one is better with the different levels.

I think I'm being overly judgemental about this have because the first was such a joy to play and this had high standards to beat.

Soldato
Not being able to compare weapons is driving me insane as well, impossible to see if a new one is better with the different levels.

I think I'm being overly judgemental about this have because the first was such a joy to play and this had high standards to beat.
There's an option to compare weapons, you can even compare them both at max level.

Caporegime
I miss my Tear arrows and 3 main bows. I can’t even begin to understand why I have 5 bows at lv15 and they all have a mess of duplicated arrows.

This is my main bug bear. They’ve given you six slots but the bows generally have one unique arrow type and then a load of duplicates.

And thank the maker you can change the difficulty at any time. Slapped it right down on story mode because I want to get my hands on legendary gear without blowing a gasket.

Last edited:

V F

V F

Soldato
I miss my Tear arrows and 3 main bows. I can’t even begin to understand why I have 5 bows at lv15 and they all have a mess of duplicated arrows.

The tear arrows were so disgusting in the first game. 3 arrows at a time blew off the disc launchers on the Thunderjaw on the hardest difficulty. You could spam so many arrows at any machines and it would strip just about every part from the machines. Even staggering them with so much power depending on your coil setups.

I'm wondering if they deliberately did this seeing how powerful people became in the first game.

I'm hoping it is there on the Legendary gear.

Associate
First proper cauldrons (level 15) looked amazing, the level of detail and polish. This was definitely play tested and refined, really stuck out above everything so far. Had the right combination of platforming, minor puzzling etc. Alas got my ass handed to me on the boss, many attempts until finished it off. Remind me next time to knock down the difficulty on bosses, was abit much.

Man of Honour
First proper cauldrons (level 15) looked amazing, the level of detail and polish. This was definitely play tested and refined, really stuck out above everything so far. Had the right combination of platforming, minor puzzling etc. Alas got my ass handed to me on the boss, many attempts until finished it off. Remind me next time to knock down the difficulty on bosses, was abit much.

Was that the main plot cauldron? Just finished that one myself. I’ve avoided any others until I level up a bit more.

So I just activated GAIA and found out about the origin of those guys. I figured that ship had survived. Loving the plot of this game.

Back to side quests again now. Certain skills I’m aiming for asap.

Indeed, what’s up with that. Really annoying. I was hoping better bows would become available later on as rarer bows used to carry more arrow types in zero dawn.

Associate
Was that the main plot cauldron? Just finished that one myself. I’ve avoided any others until I level up a bit more.

So I just activated GAIA and found out about the origin of those guys. I figured that ship had survived. Loving the plot of this game.

Back to side quests again now. Certain skills I’m aiming for asap.

Exactly, now I've gotten the basic foundation of the story it's time for side quests.

Soldato
I have also set it to easy I’m just not really enjoying the combat in this one. It just feels wrong and the weapons feel really underpowered. I also have issues actually seeing what I’m doing half the time everything seems to blend into a mess. Loving the story though and looking forward to see where it goes also enjoying just exploring the ruins and collecting items. It’s a good game but it’s not anywhere as good as the first it seems they have turned everything up to 11 whereas it was perfect at 10……

Soldato
I am playing on normal, but have had to swap it to easy for a couple of boss fights. Currently at level 14, but trying to do side quests as much as possible. Haven't found a cauldron yet, and only just found the first tallneck. As for combat I am enjoying it for the most part, although it can get a bit hectic if you get spotted. Trying to stealth as much as possible.

V F

V F

Soldato

Did the Scavenger decide to go after you? The change of direction on some of the beasts is insane as they charge you.

Caporegime
Finished todays session at 40% complete with 32 hours played.

The story keeps getting better and better. Also got my first drone. I loved what happened when you connect it.

Soldato
Enjoying this on hard, actually got to the west now. Combat can be a bit janky in some places but I have been spoiled by returnal and just coming off the back of ghost of tsushima too. On the other hand though I did sprint straight at a bristleback earlier, slid underneath it and turned round with a poison bow and blew the canister up on its back. That felt cool :cool:

think there’s that much going on and that many different moves and ways to tackle stuff it can be overwhelming, finding that trying to stealth seems to be the best way to go then if you get spotted and it all gets a bit much, Chuck a smoke bomb down so you can get out and reset.

Associate
Did the Scavenger decide to go after you? The change of direction on some of the beasts is insane as they charge you.

No, thank God. Dof was an issue again, hard to see what's coming at you at times.

Machines are waay more aggressive in the 2nd game but the combat mechanics and especially controls don't appear robust enough to keep up in "the moment". Switching between health, smoke etc with arrow keys whilst machines are coming at you is a tad frustrating, im not in a position to look bottom left for such things when all hell is breaking loose.

Soldato
I've got 15hrs played so I'm lagging behind.

I did a main questline that took me to a flooded underground area that required yet more platforming lark, just to get to the enterance of this place. I am not sure what the devs were thinking because this is absolute tediousness imo. Fell in the water about 7 times because I couldn't clearly see the object I was meant to use the pullcaster on for the next jump.

I had one hilarious moment when I encountered a new machine, it was a blobby thing by a dig at large body of water. I threw some arrows at it and it got angry and lobbed a chunk of mud at me! Mud! I was laughing so hard when I realised that it was a hippo, I didn't see the absolute TON of mud it was throwing my way seconds after. Rolling everywhere to dodge the spam was needed.

Back
Top Bottom