Horizon: Zero Dawn [PS4]

Soldato
Bump.

Playing through this again whilst under lockdown and loving it just as much second time around. Would advise anyone who hasn't played it to give it a go whilst you have time :D

Would love to see a movie adaptation as it's a great story.

Soldato
Bump.

Playing through this again whilst under lockdown and loving it just as much second time around. Would advise anyone who hasn't played it to give it a go whilst you have time :D

Would love to see a movie adaptation as it's a great story.

I just started this again, I only got about 10 hours in last time and got distracted, that was over a year ago.

I can't remember much of the story so thought best to start from scratch. Decided to go for easy difficulty as keen to actually try and finish this along with some of the many other games I own which are hardly touched.

It's a beautiful game, the landscapes especially, I keep stopping to take photos though which isn't going to help me get through this :).

V F

V F

Soldato
It's a beautiful game, the landscapes especially, I keep stopping to take photos though which isn't going to help me get through this :).

There was a time not far after launch, I spent two entire nights only exploring and climbing high into the mountains.

Soldato
I never finished this back in the day, might have to give it a go. Am I right in thinking there were expansions? Are they worth grabbing?

Soldato
The expansion was good but I felt it should have been included originally.

The base game however was perfect 10/10, DLC I gave a 9/10 just because I felt it was clearly cut content

Soldato
Yeah, especially as the main game ending changes a bit if you complete the DLC first.
Oh does it? That I didn't know! I did dlc after as I plat base game first and bought dlc when it went In sale.

It would make sense it changing I guess. I also felt with this game if you got the special suit early doors made it easy

Can't remember it's name but it always recharged shields

V F

V F

Soldato
The expansion was good but I felt it should have been included originally.

The base game however was perfect 10/10, DLC I gave a 9/10 just because I felt it was clearly cut content

The you know what in that place that shall not be named in the DLC was a real beast on the hardest difficulty.

My favourite was fighting two Scorchers at once. :D

Soldato
Played this through and finished again over the weekend. Still enjoyed it, getting older I find my memory, when playing some big games, is a bit spotty at best.

I will say thought that I seem to remember from the trailers that you could run into battle with a load of your overridden mechs on your side but that seemed to be omitted from the released version. The overridden over mechs just seem to stay around the small area in which you initially overrode them. I would love to see this added when the new game is released, also a way to command different mechs when attacking camps and zones.

Soldato
This is killing my PS4 Pro. Even turned 4k off and its overheating like mad, done what I can with some compressed air but I think I'm going to have to take it apart :(

Soldato
Tell me about it, kingdom hearts felt like a chore to plat

Out of interest, why did you do it if it was a chore and not enjoyable?
It took me a while to get out of it but I found I enjoyed gaming a lot more when I stopped worrying about trophies. That said, I do enjoy getting them but if I won't enjoy doing it I don't.

Soldato
This is killing my PS4 Pro. Even turned 4k off and its overheating like mad, done what I can with some compressed air but I think I'm going to have to take it apart :(

Have you just blasted the vents with compressed air or popped the top off? It comes off easily and there are plenty of YouTube videos on how to do that. It gives you direct access to the fan and you can agitate the dust with a old paint brush and then blast that with compressed air (Make sure you hold the blades with your finger as it can damage the fan if it over spins with compressed air) and that gives it a better clean out. I have done this and it made a difference for a short while bit mine is sounding like its going to take off again so I am going to have to strip mine down and replace the thermal compound with some better stuff, just havnt got round to it... I normally play with headphones on so I cant hear it.

Soldato
Have you just blasted the vents with compressed air or popped the top off? It comes off easily and there are plenty of YouTube videos on how to do that. It gives you direct access to the fan and you can agitate the dust with a old paint brush and then blast that with compressed air (Make sure you hold the blades with your finger as it can damage the fan if it over spins with compressed air) and that gives it a better clean out. I have done this and it made a difference for a short while bit mine is sounding like its going to take off again so I am going to have to strip mine down and replace the thermal compound with some better stuff, just havnt got round to it... I normally play with headphones on so I cant hear it.

Yeah through the vents so far, going to strip it down and take the heatsink off and clean it properly at the weekend. It only needs to last me until the PS5 comes out, so just trying to extend its life a little.

Back
Top Bottom