Horizon: Zero Dawn [PS4]

Associate
It's a brilliant game and proves it can still continue even without Nate, Sully and Elena. Feels more like a tribute to UC1-4, and it has arguably the greatest level in out of them all (a refinement and mixture of elements from the previous games).

V F

V F

Soldato
Some of the scenery in it is quite spectacular, as was some of the fight parts. Felt like a mini movie.

Caporegime
If you buy the Digital Complete Edition of HZD (I already have the physical copy) do you get a new trophy collection?

I always find gaining trophies as extra motivation to re-play a game

I have consulted the ultimate PSN trophy site (psnprofiles.com) and there is only one entry for Horizon, so no.

Soldato
Whilst I am really enjoying this game, I am absolutely terrible at the combat, it seems a bit more geared towards someone who enjoys a stealthier approach, and wrangling the robots into traps/trips etc, which I suck at. Appreciate I'm also super late to this game. 10 hours in, and just about to go into the first ring of metal for the main quest.

Soldato
Whilst I am really enjoying this game, I am absolutely terrible at the combat, it seems a bit more geared towards someone who enjoys a stealthier approach, and wrangling the robots into traps/trips etc, which I suck at. Appreciate I'm also super late to this game. 10 hours in, and just about to go into the first ring of metal for the main quest.

As with most open world games, once you start upgrading everything and getting new stuff you'll become awesome.
By the late game, traps will 'mostly' be a thing of the past as you stride around the land like a god, decimating everything in your path :D

Soldato

After a long break and forgetting everything I decided to restart and went with easy mode, I was okay at the combat but was just too slow for me and couldn't face hours of sneaking through tall grass.

Soldato
After a long break and forgetting everything I decided to restart and went with easy mode, I was okay at the combat but was just too slow for me and couldn't face hours of sneaking through tall grass.

Yeah, I don't do much sneaking through tall grass haha. One of the optional objectives to destroy alarms never gets done I'll be honest, I just start shooting things.

Soldato
Just bought this for £12, bargain!

Playing on ultra hard so I get my monies worth :p

Loving it so far.

Resurrected my PS4 again for this, can't play it on the PC due to no AVX chip but it looks great on my plazzy.

Shower thought, I've had my PS4 controller for years, used a hell of a lot on the PS4 (obviously) and the PC.

Still looks and feels like new, everything just works.

On the other hand, I have two Xbox 360 and two Xbox One controllers, all suffering with stick drift.

I think Microsoft need to go to Sony and borrow their engineers and manufacturers.

Caporegime
How broken is the stealth in this game? Frustrating as hell.

Against machine enemies it works, no complaints.

Against human enemies, the "silent strike" option (and strike from above) appears for a split second then disappears. Leading me to do a light attack instead, alerting everyone.

Honestly, it's like this a good 50% of the time, always against human opponents. The option to stealth kill is there for the briefest of moments, then disappears.

e: Should say this is on PS5.

Back
Top Bottom