Horizon: Zero Dawn [PS4]

I haven't played for long enough to comment on the gameplay but yeah visually it's a real looker. It's not just the '4K resolution', it's everything that makes up the visuals like shadows, composition and sheer level of detail that make it pop. How they managed to maintain this level of fidelity and keep the edges sharp with decent AA is quite something.

I haven't played for long enough to comment on the gameplay but yeah visually it's a real looker. It's not just the '4K resolution', it's everything that makes up the visuals like shadows, composition and sheer level of detail that make it pop. How they managed to maintain this level of fidelity and keep the edges sharp with decent AA is quite something.

Still not convinced by this game but after reading so many positive reviews, i've decided to pre order and give it a chance. A game that gets that much praise must surely be good.

Plus, it gives me an excuse to dust the ol' PS4 off.

Hi everybody, I pre-ordered this game before Christmas, I was wondering if you could tell me when I will receive my game? The Game website still says Status = Unshipped but the game comes out tomorrow and I thought if you pre-ordered you would either recieve your game 1 day early or on the day of release so would have expected it to at least say dispatched?

Whats your experience with this?

I'd expect them to despatch it today, with the view to receive it tomorrow.

Some places despatch early, some don't. In my experience certain retailers will almost always get the game to you a day or two early! (Game Collection).

I'd expect them to despatch it today, with the view to receive it tomorrow.

Some places despatch early, some don't. In my experience certain retailers will almost always get the game to you a day or two early! (Game Collection).

Thanks for your reply mate. I'm not sure if it will be today or tomorrow, I just spoke to online chat and they said it was dispatched on 24th so I guess we'll just have to see as it says on website "Free Delivery - 1st Class Post (1-2 working days)".

This is very good so far. It's stunning looking as well...... I'm using the performance setting with extra graphical touches over 4K chequerboard. Switching between the two I see little visual difference but the performance setting runs a lot better.

I'm finding the FOV a little tight for a 3rd person game it could do with a bit more view tbh other than that superb so far.....

This is very good so far. It's stunning looking as well...... I'm using the performance setting with extra graphical touches over 4K chequerboard. Switching between the two I see little visual difference but the performance setting runs a lot better.

I'm finding the FOV a little tight for a 3rd person game it could do with a bit more view tbh other than that superb so far.....

The performance setting does not run a lot better, Digital Foundry tested and all it does is remove the odd framerate drop to 29 fps now and again.

No idea why you'd give up 4K for that..

The performance setting does not run a lot better, Digital Foundry tested and all it does is remove the odd framerate drop to 29 fps now and again.

Seems smoother to me especially when panning. It's a noticeable difference if you ask me.....

It says in the settings it adds visual upgrades in performance mode and I would prefer that over 4K checkerboard. Switching between the two I see little difference visually between the two tbh.

Is this game worth getting if you only have a chav ps4 and scutter 1080p telly? (actually, it's a very very good 50" 1080p TV).

Only asking to avoid temptation. Just haven't been able to justify going 4k HDR TV yet or PS4 pro, but I fear getting a game like this might give me terrible urges again.

Just nipped over to the Horizon reddit for a gander at some screenies. Looks lush! I can't login into my Shopto account to check status but it has my name at the top just no drop down menu? ah well.

^What's a chav PS4?? I feel like I should have one then!

Just nipped over to the Horizon reddit for a gander at some screenies. Looks lush! I can't login into my Shopto account to check status but it has my name at the top just no drop down menu? ah well.

^What's a chav PS4?? I feel like I should have one then!

poor mans none pro ps4 probably lol

Back
Top Bottom