Horizon Zero Dawn

Soldato
Finally finished the main story and most of the side quests etc, all hunting grounds with blazing suns. Still haven't started the frozen wilds yet. Trying to go around and mop up any missed quests, collect all the metal flowers etc.

Took 70 hours to get the main part done according to steam. Very much enjoyed the game. Probably one of the best games of the decade IMO. Really hope they eventually bring the follow up game to PC as well.

I really don't want to leave this game world, it really is that good.

Soldato
Finally finished the main story and most of the side quests etc, all hunting grounds with blazing suns. Still haven't started the frozen wilds yet. Trying to go around and mop up any missed quests, collect all the metal flowers etc.

Took 70 hours to get the main part done according to steam. Very much enjoyed the game. Probably one of the best games of the decade IMO. Really hope they eventually bring the follow up game to PC as well.

I really don't want to leave this game world, it really is that good.
Apparently the next iteration will be called Horizon Forbidden West which is due for release sometime next year. Hoping it will be developed for the pc as well at the same time instead of a console port. Even better if they allow a merger of the 2 games so my saved game and player information can be transferred over!

Soldato
I think it will be PS5 exclusive for some time.

The most stupid hunting ground challenge was a stealth one. The guy goes into depth about being stealthy and not running in. Then to get a blazing sun reward, you have to run your ass off, ignoring all stealth at all otherwise you won't make it in 1 minute and 5 seconds. You have to search the containers of the crab beast things. 4 of them. Literally unless you run directly there then run direct to the other ones ignoring any damage and attacks.. you won't make it. I had to knock the container off the last one. The quest is so against the idea of stealth it's stupid.

Associate
I'm due to start playing this tonight. Got loads of games and got bored of them all after 15 hours or so... cyberpunk lasted about 20 hours or so. Why are games so damn repetitive nowadays? And easy...
Hellblade Senua's sacrifice though, wow what a great game, proper immersive. I'm hoping for horizon to be just as immersive and story driven.

Seems a lot of ps exclusives coming to pc now? I've got that zombie game on the watch list too, days gone I think it's called?

Soldato
I'm due to start playing this tonight. Got loads of games and got bored of them all after 15 hours or so... cyberpunk lasted about 20 hours or so. Why are games so damn repetitive nowadays? And easy...
Hellblade Senua's sacrifice though, wow what a great game, proper immersive. I'm hoping for horizon to be just as immersive and story driven.

Seems a lot of ps exclusives coming to pc now? I've got that zombie game on the watch list too, days gone I think it's called?

I fear you may be disappointed. Don't get me wrong, I thought this game was great and really enjoyed it, but it does follow the same repetitive formula a lot of modern games follow.

Don't let me put you off though obviously, I hope you like it. I agree regarding Hellblade, excellent experience.

Soldato
I really enjoyed HZD - 76 hours according to Steam.

That's pretty much everything completed too.

I started NG+, but find it boring to play again as there is no progression or new things to do / find.

I'd highly recommend it, but there wasn't enough character customisation for my liking, and zero replay value.

Soldato
My enjoyment came from the really nice environments, awesome graphics. Mostly seamless interaction (there is some clunky stuff in there though), and I personally really enjoyed the lore.

I read some criticisms, like most of the quests resolve to loot boxes that are then just random stuff in them etc. I get that. The funny part is... I haven't even opened any of my reward boxes LMAO. You honestly never need them for the game. Unless you are doing a specific quest that requires certain items like certain machine parts, don't bother carrying all the machine hearts and stuff in there. Just carry stuff for making ammo you like to use, any medicine you think you need. (I rarely used the potions, only the collected herbs that are pretty much everywhere).

V F

V F

Soldato

The most stupid hunting ground challenge was a stealth one. The guy goes into depth about being stealthy and not running in. Then to get a blazing sun reward, you have to run your ass off, ignoring all stealth at all otherwise you won't make it in 1 minute and 5 seconds. You have to search the containers of the crab beast things. 4 of them. Literally unless you run directly there then run direct to the other ones ignoring any damage and attacks.. you won't make it. I had to knock the container off the last one. The quest is so against the idea of stealth it's stupid.

Those time trials were quite fun actually.

Soldato
Those time trials were quite fun actually.

They were fun for sure. I just think that particular trial was just so stupid. Literally tells you that PATIENCE is the key, and striking at the right moment. To get a blazing sun you literally have to run your arse off with zero stealth to even stand a chance of making it, which is totally against the trial meaning. A more useful metric would have been zero warning's from enemies. Just saying that one wasn't particularly well thought out.

Right now, I'm just trying to find anything I missed, before I crack and have a pop at the frozen wilds.

Soldato

I know which one you're talking about haha, yeah its utterly stupid makes no sense! I quite enjoy the stealth element but when you needed to get the blazing sun reward to have to basically speed run it, defeats the purpose of the quest lol.

Soldato
Well... finished almost everything of HZD and the Frozen Wilds expansion. 92 hours play time on the clock. Still want to finish up a load of minor collection things and do the final battle a second time.

Very sad that the game won't be coming to PC, at least not initially. I hope it will eventually.

Edit: I knew Sylens seemed super familiar. Just had my lightbulb moment with lol.

Last edited:
Associate
Is this worth replaying over the PS version? I finished that a while ago and the expansion pack; really enjoyed it and found it was one of the few games that really hooked me recently.

Soldato
Is this worth replaying over the PS version? I finished that a while ago and the expansion pack; really enjoyed it and found it was one of the few games that really hooked me recently.

I had it on the PS4 but double dipped and got it on the PC for the ultrawide experience.

I never finished it on the PS4 so that helped.

If I had, not sure I would have got it again, ultrawide or not.

Still, it's cheap enough now, at 11 odd quid from CD Keys.

Associate
I had it on the PS4 but double dipped and got it on the PC for the ultrawide experience.

I never finished it on the PS4 so that helped.

If I had, not sure I would have got it again, ultrawide or not.

Still, it's cheap enough now, at 11 odd quid from CD Keys.

OK, cheers for the reply.

Associate
Guys guys guys can one of you please help me?

PLEEEEEEEASE.

Do any of you still have this installed and mind adding me on steam or WhatsApp as I am going ABSOLUTELY crazy with an issue with bad texture pop in, draw distance and flashing shadows and people online are telling me there is no fix, but I'm going mad because I swear this exact game I put 70hrs into before my "upgrade" used to look amazing.

Issues started sometime after upgrading from 3070 to 3080ti and from 5600 to a 5800x (with new bios update to support it).

I would REALLY appreciate some help from other known working systems on this. I've spent 2 days of my holiday trying to resolve to no avail.

Associate
Just to be clear I wanna send you some vids, see if you know if have same issue and it's just how it is (in which case I'm going mad 80hrs plus and was the only game I was playing during the upgrade so it's this game I'm familiar with atm, and it also seems evident in all other games).

If you could also quick travel to some of the later locations in the map where I get the most issues, that'd be great too.

I'll pay you if needed I'm desperate for help.

Soldato
Just to be clear I wanna send you some vids, see if you know if have same issue and it's just how it is (in which case I'm going mad 80hrs plus and was the only game I was playing during the upgrade so it's this game I'm familiar with atm, and it also seems evident in all other games).

If you could also quick travel to some of the later locations in the map where I get the most issues, that'd be great too.

I'll pay you if needed I'm desperate for help.
Would be a shame if this turned into another play through.

I can help.

Associate
Would be a shame if this turned into another play through.

I can help.
Not all heroes wear capes!

But yeah literally if my console mates came round and they were like so what does your fancy £3000 pc do then? Horizon would literally be the game I'd fire up. Amazing looking game. Now though I'd be scared to show it to them because of the pop in... I swear it didn't used to be that way, I just need the proof! ☺

There is a place not far from mother's embrace where I get a lot of glitching to start off with, the other early one is devil's thirst (I think the ancient city was called?)... how quick do you Horizon

Saying that I've got some parts on order, will probs be a while

Back
Top Bottom