Horizon Zero Dawn

Soldato
That's because it's a much better process than FidelityFX Super Resolution.

Noticed you got a C9 and 3090 too? are you playing this game on that combo? if so, do you find the nights really dark in the game? The day, morning and evenings look spectacular in HDR, but nights are so dark outside the pinpoint lights from machines!

Associate
I noticed it was dark on PC so reverted to playing on PS5 I find the console does a better job of HDR than my PC, which is a shame as the PC should be the best place.

Caporegime
Noticed you got a C9 and 3090 too? are you playing this game on that combo? if so, do you find the nights really dark in the game? The day, morning and evenings look spectacular in HDR, but nights are so dark outside the pinpoint lights from machines!

Didn't notice any issues.

Are you using HGIG? Black levels the same on each device? e.g limited on PC and low on TV

Soldato
Didn't notice any issues.

Are you using HGIG? Black levels the same on each device? e.g limited on PC and low on TV

Thanks. Using DTM rather then HGIG as made things pop more but will check settings, yes Low on the TV will play around with it. On one hand makes sense at nights as highlights really do pop like on robots and Sky in the nights, but world itself is just dark. Turning on SDR makes things visible at night, but wow is it noticeable switching to SDR after playing HDR.

Which dlss mode is best for the game?

Based on similar, 3090 and 4k as you, I usually sit around the 80-90 fps mark with DLSS off in most places with most settings maxed. With DLSS nets that extra boost with little impact so is a nice balance having north of 100+ FPS in most places. Pretty smooth at that stage, more so you have G-sync anyways.

Soldato
Thanks. Using DTM rather then HGIG as made things pop more but will check settings, yes Low on the TV will play around with it. On one hand makes sense at nights as highlights really do pop like on robots and Sky in the nights, but world itself is just dark. Turning on SDR makes things visible at night, but wow is it noticeable switching to SDR after playing HDR.

Based on similar, 3090 and 4k as you, I usually sit around the 80-90 fps mark with DLSS off in most places with most settings maxed. With DLSS nets that extra boost with little impact so is a nice balance having north of 100+ FPS in most places. Pretty smooth at that stage, more so you have G-sync anyways.

Do you bother with dlss? I ran the benchmark at quality and got 115fps@4k

Soldato
I've just played through this as my big distraction from eating while I lose a bit of weight before Caloriefest, and it's filled that role well... very distracting in hour+ chunks until I die trying to fight something the wrong way and give up for a while! Definitely one for controller folk with active buttons under every finger if you want to play elegantly, and I lost count of the number of times I switched weapon and ended up using the wrong ammo type (so much ammo, so useless if you get the wrong one!) but once I got the ropecaster upgraded to max I finally felt less fragile.

Overall, definitely one of the better console ports I've played. I am, however, bitterly disappointed by the plot. Not because it's rubbish. But because I've been scribbling notes for a book I "want to write one day" for years and the big reveal at the end is... was, very similar. Pesky writers actually writing and doing stuff! :)

Caporegime
Pretty chuffed that this is running about 4K 45fps with that AMD upscaling tech. Vegetation looks a bit shimmery but that could be because of the upscaling. Still, it's good enough to play and no crashes, hitches, stuttering or anything like that. Loads pretty fast, too. Seems like Nixxes worked some magic in their contribution to the latest patch.

Soldato
I've just played through this as my big distraction from eating while I lose a bit of weight before Caloriefest, and it's filled that role well... very distracting in hour+ chunks until I die trying to fight something the wrong way and give up for a while! Definitely one for controller folk with active buttons under every finger if you want to play elegantly, and I lost count of the number of times I switched weapon and ended up using the wrong ammo type (so much ammo, so useless if you get the wrong one!) but once I got the ropecaster upgraded to max I finally felt less fragile.

Overall, definitely one of the better console ports I've played. I am, however, bitterly disappointed by the plot. Not because it's rubbish. But because I've been scribbling notes for a book I "want to write one day" for years and the big reveal at the end is... was, very similar. Pesky writers actually writing and doing stuff! :)
people listened to the story?

i could never listen to the story in this as the mouth motion never matched the words she spoke yhey was so out it was like a bad dubbed film + she had 0 emotion in her face

unless they fixed that?

V F

V F

Soldato
people listened to the story?

i could never listen to the story in this as the mouth motion never matched the words she spoke yhey was so out it was like a bad dubbed film + she had 0 emotion in her face

unless they fixed that?

It was never fixed in 2017/18. Doubt it will be now, unless they fixed that in the sequel.

Soldato
The story was one of the best things about it.

Not the boring tribes stuff, but the actual project enduring victory and project zero dawn backstory.

apparently they tried to patch it & improved it but not fixed it as its the biggest compliant about this game on multiple forums

i can watch dubbed films all day long that dont bother me, but when they are speaking English & its broken thats the line... specially when games 20 years old can do it right. i love the game but cannot listen to its story

example:

Caporegime
Horizon Zero Dawn PC Patch 1.11.2 Release Notes
Improved VRAM management when changing resolution or upscale mode, which could cause performance issues that were only fixed by restarting the game
Fixed various assets using the wrong quality level while using DLSS/FSR
Fixed visual artifact issue when clipping the camera through a surface like pushing against a wall (ie with large FOVs or ultrawide screens) while using DLSS/FSR
Also fixed visual corruption and reduced foliage flickering issues on certain AMD GPUs

https://www.dsogaming.com/patches/h...ch-1-11-2-released-full-patch-notes-revealed/

Soldato
Grabbed this last night for £11.99 on Epic, along with the current sale and my £8 off coupon. Absolute bargain before the sequel lands on Feb 18th that I'll play on the PS4 Pro.

The game runs like a dream on my dated i7 2600k @ 5.1ghz rig. Getting 70-80fps @ 1080p with High/Ultra settings and motion blur off. Forgot how much of a blood rush fighting those large zoids was!

Back
Top Bottom