How about a Linux gallery?

Associate
Mine.

desktopak3.jpg

Soldato
Yea, I've heard that comparison a lot lately.

I think it's the Tall taskbar, where the start icon is the same size as the quick-launch, and completely contained in the taskbar. Also the button on the right, which serves a different purpose mind.

My Windows 7 is a little different to the default tho. I've made the taskbar shorter, and changed it so the quick-launch icons morph into regular taskbar buttons, which is they way I wanted it to work when I 1st heard about it: http://img407.imageshack.us/img407/2568/ofhkgsregreagtpl1.png (No transparency because it's in a VM). I'd be surprised if KDE could prove they didn't borrow heavily from Windows 95 in the beginning.

Soldato
When i sort out my arch install (so i can use X as a normal user....) ill show you kde 4 :)

I personally quite like it (mainy as i found kde 3 to be quite bulky... poor description but its the best i can do)

Soldato
Here's my new minimalist archlinux + openbox desktop :)

click for full size

The setup is openbox + xfce + thunar + pypanel + parcellite

I did have loads of conky's and urxvt on the desktop but found they wern't really serving a purpose.

Soldato
Which Eee are you running that on Biggles? Want to get something up and running on my Eee 901!

Apologies for not replying sooner manic.

It's an EEE 901.

Base install of debian 5 (NOT eeedebian) so I could use LVM to lump the 2 SSDs together.

Then a simple apt-get install kde-base.

Need any help, just ask, I know how to get the hardware to work.

Associate
Had to format:

desktopeq2.png

That looks great - any chance of links to the Theme and Desktop? Also - any chance of a link to how to put the info on your desktop?

And... to be even cheekier.. any chance of the config file for the stats as you've got laid out now? :D

Cheers!

EDIT: Did some reading (i.e. scrolled up :p) and see that it's Conky. But erm, can I still nick your config?... and your desktop and theme :D

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom