How about a Linux gallery?

Associate
Here mine, nothing amazing :)
screenshot1bdq.png

Soldato
How is UNR speed wise? It's GNOME right? I have Xubuntu 9.04 on the EEE at the moment, but using compiz and emerald, loving the speed and the bundled drivers. The only nark is that Firefox 3.0.10 is REALLY slow.

Soldato
Nah, nothing special. It's my old ultra low wattage AMD X2 with integrated nVidia 6200 and 4 GiB RAM. It's running Ubuntu 9.04 64-bit. It's really good for what it does. It will eventually be a Solaris file server. Not yet though.

Passive cooling? :p

How is it with 720p .mkvs?

The smaller the HTPC, the better. I really like the size of the ION mobos ; Not here yet. :(

Man of Honour
Soldato
UNR is pretty fast, especially with Compiz. I switched from XFCE and I'm happy with it.

It's great for 720p high bitrate mkvs. It's choppy with large 1080p videos though. It's great for what I use it for though. My next rig will have to support hardware acceleration though.

Soldato
It's nice to see Ubuntu shipping a white on black theme, maybe it will make them a little more supported.

How does it do with web forms where the background has been specified as a light grey, but the text colour is the default? I always found I couldn't read what I was typing?

Man of Honour
Soldato
It's nice to see Ubuntu shipping a white on black theme, maybe it will make them a little more supported.

How does it do with web forms where the background has been specified as a light grey, but the text colour is the default? I always found I couldn't read what I was typing?
To whom are you addressing your question? :o

Soldato
To whom are you addressing your question? :o

Open mic.

Doesn't matter though, I know the answer now. The bulk of programs gets a black on white dooby. I like the theme so much I had to try for it on Xubuntu:

bluedust.png

(imageshackfail)

So that's XFCE, running compiz-fusion, with the gtk-window-decorator using the Dust theme. And GTK in general running my Custom Blue version of Dust.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom