How about a Linux gallery?

ncmpcpp's 'interface' depends almost entirely on what config you use i believe, which is always a good thing ;)

Damn, this is making me want to realize my dream of returning to Arch, figuring out how the hell to use DWM and using as many console apps as possible...

It's that time of the month ...

Hey, can you point me in the right direction as to where I can learn how to customize like this?

I installed Arch Linux on VirtualBox however I'm a completely newbie and have no idea how to customize further than the basic Gnome 3 window management.

Arch Wiki? There's not much documentation that surpasses that in my eyes. But yeah, try to understand the basics of what you want to do then beyond that it's largely just trial and error. As i believe Husse used to say; if it ain't broke, fix it 'till it is then reinstall and start again ;)

Here is Sabayon on my laptop, pretty plain really. I like it :)

desktop.png

Hey, can you point me in the right direction as to where I can learn how to customize like this?

I installed Arch Linux on VirtualBox however I'm a completely newbie and have no idea how to customize further than the basic Gnome 3 window management.

It's just kind of one of those things you pick up as you go along, I tend to avoid using full fledged desktop environments because I like the flexibility of picking and choosing my own components and bending them to my will (OpenBox, tint2, and conky generally are my base). PermaBanned got it right, most of the time anything you need will be in the arch wiki and the rest is down to being fickle and breaking/fixing things until you're where you want to be.

Right now I'm in the process of breaking and fixing awesomewm, it's a harrowing experience :D

My recently re-installed Ubuntu Lucid setup, with FF and T'bird using the Ubuntu Lucid Lynx Wall persona. Still some stuff to add back yet, including Conky when I get chance.

After my Fedora 15 install got hosed by me installing the 11.8 Catalyst package from ATi (:rolleyes:), I found that the only install media I could put my hand straight on was Ubuntu Lucid Lynx (10.04 LTS). Now I'm struggling to remember why I ever stopped using it, because it just works :)

No worries. I'm using "Faenza" icons, they're awesome, tons of them to choose from and they have one for almost every common application.

Well it's getting to that point where everything on my Mint install is just a bit messy and cluttered, some things have ceased to function and i can't be bothered to fix them individually, so i think i'm headed towards a fresh install pretty soon. I want to go to Arch again, but i'm lazy and the installation itself takes a fair bit of time, effort and bandwidth. Hmm...

Well it's getting to that point where everything on my Mint install is just a bit messy and cluttered, some things have ceased to function and i can't be bothered to fix them individually, so i think i'm headed towards a fresh install pretty soon. I want to go to Arch again, but i'm lazy and the installation itself takes a fair bit of time, effort and bandwidth. Hmm...

Arch isn't that tricky to setup at all :p

Back
Top Bottom