HOW DO I BUILD MY PC NOW IVE BOUGHT ALL THE BITS?

Soldato
I doubt it unless you really know what your doing - that deff would be apost for the sound forum.

5.1 for regular gaming is fine for a small room - but there is an arguement to be had that a good 2.1 system in a small room would be better suited than a middle of the 5.1.

Having said that i like the 5.1 experience even on lesser speaker systems.

Associate
OP
btw - football manager 2009? - running like a dream! - i normally put it on 'recommended set up' and it offers me 1 or 2 leagues with a small database - it now offers me 13 leagues with a large database - im in geek heaven (and top of the league i might add!) - wwwaaahoooooooooo!!!!

Soldato
(and top of the league i might add!) - wwwaaahoooooooooo!!!!

Is that because it's pre-season and you haven't kicked a ball yet and you're playing as Arsenal? :p (Alphabetical order listed - for those of you who don't play FM)

13 leagues worth of data! It takes me long enough to decide between signings as it is...

Associate
FM2009 is definately the best of the series.

I even got it for £10 from my local football club (100% legal) - was tempted to buy 5 and trade them all in :)

Associate
Hey
I've biuldt my first PC last year exactly 25/12/08. I've used the static wirst wrap. It was easy read the instructions carefully and you'll make it without much hassle

Associate
Phytal - you should probably read the 17 pages AFTER the first three; where he uses the wrist strap, builds the PC and starts playing games on it ;)

Soldato
Several years ago, I was building my AMD Athlon Slot-A 900 ( This gives an idea of how long ago ) and my 4 years old son was watching me, like he does.

He asked if he could do it.

I thought about this and I said that I can give him some bits to do his own.

I gave him all the bits required to build an SS7 AT PC and I said try that.

20 minutes later he was done... I gave it a check over and there was only one thing that was wrong and that was the AT power connections... They had been forced on and were wrong way round but apart from that, it looked fine.

I started it up and it came up, and even found both the HD and CDROM, I put a Win98 Disk in and installed it.

They used that PC just fine and I never had to repair it while the yhad it, which was nearly 4 years.

Not bad for a 5 year old.

Associate
Several years ago, I was building my AMD Athlon Slot-A 900 ( This gives an idea of how long ago ) and my 4 years old son was watching me, like he does.

He asked if he could do it.

I thought about this and I said that I can give him some bits to do his own.

I gave him all the bits required to build an SS7 AT PC and I said try that.

20 minutes later he was done... I gave it a check over and there was only one thing that was wrong and that was the AT power connections... They had been forced on and were wrong way round but apart from that, it looked fine.

I started it up and it came up, and even found both the HD and CDROM, I put a Win98 Disk in and installed it.

They used that PC just fine and I never had to repair it while the yhad it, which was nearly 4 years.

Not bad for a 5 year old.

i wish i could build a pc when i was 5 :p

Soldato
i wish i could build a pc when i was 5 :p

Why could you not?

The basics are simple... More so these days than back then.

I mean, in the case of my son,, I knew the parts I gave him were all compatible, so its only a kind of Lego or Meccano set really.

In the days of the Socket 3 up to SS7 I think that was the golden time for PC building. Early boards needed to be manually set up for the CPU, Volts had to be right, FSB and Multipliers had to be spot on. SoundCards had to be manually setup for DMA / IRQ etc... That was real work.

These days you just slap it in, and it works... Anyone can build a PC these days.

So, no, I dont think it was anything special for a 5 year old to build up his first PC because the parts were all known to be compatible anyway, and he has been watching me for weeks prior to this also .

J.B

J.B

Soldato
Hey reflux, I hoe you see this or anyone else might be able to answer? This Windows 7 beta, if i install it onto my new system, will the OS expire as its only a demo type OS?

Its not Beta its RC1.

It will expire, think it goes until June 2010.

Back
Top Bottom