• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

How log till MSRP ?

Soldato
Make your bets !

The date the first non FE card comes in at MSRP + cooling solution at the **correct price.

** we know how much materials and production cost plus a fair profit in a normal world

-- Winner will get the satisfaction of knowing they were correct --
Never. I can't remember the generation of cards that consistently sold at mrsp. Generally mrsp cards are a handful of cards sold at launch after which prices increase.

Soldato
How is the 3090 great value unless you do work based that will benefit from it I just can't see It is just for gaming

I could have bought the 3090 on today's drop but just couldn't justify it just for gaming just will hold out for 3080fe on drop
I think my whole PC cost less than a 3090FE and performs within 10% of one.

Associate
I would bet - never. People have shown them how much they are willing to spend and it’s not like it’s only 100s of people telling them this it’s 100s of thousands… next gen will be the same as RTX 20xx series… stupid priced.

Associate
Next generation, with a new (much higher) msrp....if we're lucky :p

We've still got the transport issues, also there are still whole industries waiting to fill huge backlogs (such as automotive) so I don't think we'll see the back of it in a timeframe in which ampere/Navi2 will still be relevant :(

Soldato
Think it will be sooner than people think well I hope , I see stock coming through often even though price has dropped they are still on the high side and still selling but staying instock longer

Mining has dropped and they don't want the LHR cards

Nvidia drops seem to have increased it's been once a week past few weeks before it was every 2-4 weeks hopefully that can continue

Soldato
Think it will be sooner than people think well I hope , I see stock coming through often even though price has dropped they are still on the high side and still selling but staying instock longer

Nvidia drops seem to have increased it's been once a week past few weeks before it was every 2-4 weeks hopefully that can continue

Mining does want the LHR cards - they only limit ETH and as London hard fork comes closer, miners already shifting to ERGO and RVN.

Permabanned

The issue I saw is the miners are still picking up most of these cards as they know all the under belly ways to get them from these sites.

Also the retailers are in on it with overpricing so I can say that these high prices could well last into before next gen GPUs get released. Retail prices at the moment are savagely high, but at least you can buy something.

With used cards on auction sites, they will drop hugely at some point so all scalpers with get hit bad.

Last edited:
Associate
I don’t believe that we will ever see this generation of GPU’s available at MSRP.

We have a perfect storm currently, the lack of supply caused by lack of foundry capacity combined with everyone working from home due to covid has been catastrophic. Add in the crypto boom at the start of the year and issues with the value of the £ compared to the $ due to Brexit over the past year and we have been doomed in the U.K.

As to future pricing for the next generation, I think anyone expecting them to be substantially cheaper will be in for disappointment. Coming out of the worst economic hit to the western world in 300 years, as soon as government support ends we can expect to see economic Armageddon. America is already looking at 5% inflation this year and this always spreads to the rest of the world. We are likely sleepwalking in to the worst inflation crisis in 40 years. GPU’s will never be available at what we all consider a cheap price again as a result.

Associate
I concur with the general consensus. For the next generation the MRSP will be higher than this generation. Then slowly over time we may see card prices reduce but only if the manufacturers fail to sell them at the higher prices. Cards that were £250 will be £400 and so on.

Soldato
Sad state of affairs, no one will buy!

Of course they will. 3080 cards are selling out for that easily right now.

If the 4080 is 3090 performance, then it will look even more attractive as a grand.

The only thing that keeps prices down meaningfully is competition, and AMD can barely produce any cards.

Associate
If people didn't buy at these prices then they wouldn't get away with charging them. It amazes me the prices that some people are paying on auction sites as well as retail. I have seen people pay more for a 2060 or 6700xt on an auction site than it is available at retail, taking a risk that it isn't faulty or going to break soon, when they could get a 3 year warranty by buying retail

Back
Top Bottom