How long to get used to wearing glasses for first time ?

Soldato
If the varifocals are not deep (top to bottom), the gradation across the lens can be quite severe ie the distance between short and long can be a very small movement of the eye or head. This may lead to feeling nauseous for a few days. Eventually you should not notice and get used to it.

My most recent pair I went for ultralight frames and maximum thinning of the lenses to reduce weight.

Soldato
OP
Please don’t get me wrong, maybe it’s me, but I couldn’t make sense of that, I tried to guess what you might mean, but substituting other words, but I’m still not sure.
I can't make any sense of what I wrote there either...:D

Think you failed to notice I wrote that post almost 2 years ago...:p

Soldato
Mine was a instant wow, what a massive difference with no hurting of my eyes. To be honest if your vision is blurry/fuzzy and your eyes are hurting then they may have got your prescription wrong. Didn't they get you to try them before you left the shop?
Shouldn't have gone to spec savers

Soldato
Don't know about glasses for the very first time as I've always had to wear them, but every time I get a new pair they always feel weird and make my eyes feel tired etc. Usually find my self swapping them for an older pair in the evenings etc but after a week or so I get used to them and I don't notice them any more.

Soldato
Gonna reply now even if it is a 2 year old thread.

I have worn glasses for many years now and had an experience once where they got the prescription wrong on a new pair which wasnt noticeable when you were sitting down in the opticians trying them. However it became quickly clear there was something wrong when I left to walk back to my car and felt like my foot was going to be 2 feet underground as it hit the floor, made walking very weird. Went straight back in and got them to check and then redo the lenses.

Soldato
I can't make any sense of what I wrote there either...:D

Think you failed to notice I wrote that post almost 2 years ago...:p
Well don't leave us hanging any longer then 2 years..... did you ever get used to the glasses or did they get them wrong???

Man of Honour
In my experience the second you put a new pair on you know they are right. I’ve had significant issues over the years, 3 incorrect go’s at getting one pair right and within a second I know if they are right or wrong. When wrong I ALWAYS hear “you need to give them time” when in my case they have always been wrong in some way when I get blurred vision.

Back
Top Bottom