How many Focus ST owners on here

Caporegime
Had mine since November last year. Had no problems with it until a week ago. Noticed the seat was sagging and felt loose. I looked under the seat and the steel support bar that runs along the back of the seat has snapped!!

I wrote a very nice letter to the dealership i bought it from and even though they were under no obligation to fix it (interior trim e.t.c not covered under warranty) they have offered to pay the labour costs to get the part replaced and fitted :).

Other than this it has been great. i havent modified it as to be honest i can't afford to lose the warranty this early and as i am 23 most insurance companies will laugh at me if i say i want to re-map it.

Soldato
Looking to purchase one on Saturday 58 (2009) ST-2 in Performance Blue 3 Door with 7" Touchscreen Sat Nav, Bluetooth, Voice Control, Rear Parking Sensors, Aux-In, Climate Control, Privacy Glass plus Standard Features (Bi-Xenon, Push-Button Start, Front/Rear Heated Screen and so forth). Only has 12,400 miles on the clock :)

Anything to look out for on the post-facelift?

Best insurance quote so far is £782 full comp, £250 excess, protected with Sky Insurance (Markerstudy) as standard, £922 with remap.

Soldato
Good spec, how much?

Nothing to look out for really, my problem (oil filter diaphragm was revised with Fraud, they never bother to issue a recall though *****) so that should be fine, same with the alternator I think they fixed that problem (not sure though), there's also less reports of facelift cars cracking engine liners when compared with pre-facelifts.

Associate
Another owner here, 57 plate in red with both stripe packs :p Have gone the Dreamscience route and have both their induction kit and of course the DSCI remap :)

Next mod is the Dreamscience turbo back exaust....

Soldato
OP
Another owner here, 57 plate in red with both stripe packs :p Have gone the Dreamscience route and have both their induction kit and of course the DSCI remap :)

Next mod is the Dreamscience turbo back exaust....

DS is a fairly easy package to go for, you should see 270BHP with the exhaust and DSi. Watch the fueling though,mine was detonating at 4000-6000 rpm due to fuel starvation. Went for RS injectors/manifold and a live remap which got rid of that and produced a nice BHP gain. I would look at a decat as well,either a 100cell or straight through as that unleashes many horses. Be prepared to go through tyres to, my next upgrade is the RS Diff which makes it much more driveable although at £1400 for the diff [and RS clutch] it isnt cheap.

Soldato
Honestly CS||Nuts, you're going on the ignore list. :p

I get a craving for a Focus ST, badger the missus about it, run the figures, decide it's too much, put myself off, but then you go and start a thread about them and back come my cravings.

Now i'm running the bloody figures again. At 1am. I know I can't afford one but i'm doing it more in hope and desperation than anything.

Damn it man. ;)

Soldato
Mate of mine had one for a while, no issues bar his oil filter diaphram went also just as he was PXing it (for a new Fiesta Zetec S TDCI, the fuel bothered him THAT much lol). Think he said he lifted the dipstick a bit and just rolled it in as it was making a racket otherwise?! Don't know a lot about it apart from it's kinda common.

Apart from that he gave it a pasting with dreamscience applied and it was fine for a year whilst he owned it :)

Soldato
Mate of mine had one for a while, no issues bar his oil filter diaphram went also just as he was PXing it (for a new Fiesta Zetec S TDCI, the fuel bothered him THAT much lol). Think he said he lifted the dipstick a bit and just rolled it in as it was making a racket otherwise?! Don't know a lot about it apart from it's kinda common.

Apart from that he gave it a pasting with dreamscience applied and it was fine for a year whilst he owned it :)

lol lifting the dipstick removes the noise you still shouldn't boost it though ideally, mine sounded like a spaceship from Mars Attacks, part is £150 from Volvo, or £200 from Ford.

Caporegime
Bought mine Feb this year and just coming up to 2000 miles, can't fault it (so far) and enjoying every minute driving it.
washedwaxed.jpg

Soldato
OP
DSCI remap on my 2007 ST-2, great car just fuel is getting expensive

You've only just begun lol. Count yourself lucky. i do 400 miles a week in mine at 17-22 mpg. Love it though,just shy of 300bhp is a shed load of fun in something that is quite light. The noise is a smile a minute as well,almost addictive :D

Soldato
OP
Failed MOT yesterday [was expected] from the emissions readings i would have been lucky to pass with the sensor 10ft behind the car. CAT refitted, pass MOT, CAT back off :) . Oh and 2 new tyres.

Soldato
Great cars, and i want one so badly... but low 20s MPG would kill me considering i do so many miles, plus im still loving my Cam'ed up Fiesta :)

Glad you are enjoying it Mark, any other plans for it in the future? I just tracked my Fiesta185 at Snetterton, was fantastic :)

Soldato
OP
Great cars, and i want one so badly... but low 20s MPG would kill me considering i do so many miles, plus im still loving my Cam'ed up Fiesta :)

Glad you are enjoying it Mark, any other plans for it in the future? I just tracked my Fiesta185 at Snetterton, was fantastic :)

Yes mate still more stuff in the pipeline, bigger turbo is next and replace the radtec intercooler with something bigger and try to get a more reliable fuel map. After that i think i will hit the limit. 330BHP would be about as much as the clutch will take [its already upgraded to a RS clutch] Then work on getting rid of my 6 points grrrrr

Soldato

You got the mountune 185 kit on your fiesta? Or other aftermarket mods?

I got mine mountuned two weeks ago, still getting used to it but loving how much better it revs compared to the stock car. Like yourself I pondered the change to the focus but having paid for all the mods to the fiesta (including Quiafe) I figured i should keep it a while!

Soldato
I had my own mods and rolling roads put me up as 160-170.... After 2 years of thinking about it, getting dumped twice this year made me think screw it, and i orderd Mountune185 the day i got dumped, sold my old mods for 900-1000, so not all bad.

Im Loving MP185. Wish id got it sooner. Sure i can tell i'm missing torque low down, but then thats what a gearbox is for... change down to get more etc ;) I was Mountuned on the 5th of May. And im debating if i should get a LSD too, as i do love my trackdays... I cant believe how much of a difference 185 made on track, certainly makes me need a LSD now.

Associate
Thinking about getting a facelift ST to replace my ageing 350Z (and because insurance is getting a joke).

Would the fuel consumption be even worst than the Z? I'd also be thinking about remapping it.

Back
Top Bottom